Can someone help identify this species?

Geelong, Australia

G'day Everyone, i have been a fan of this site for years now, and i want to thankyou all in advance, for helping me in the past, without you even knowing ;)
Can someone please help me identify this? I am leaning towards a ginger, going via the stem and leaves, yet it looks like a hybrid lily?

TIA
xox Haych

Thumbnail by Haych
rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

man! that is one evil looking bloom.tending to steer towards 'daylily' or even a hippe'[from the dark side] as they adopt the appearance of a lilium,when grown to perfection..needless to say,dont feed it after midnight...great pic

Merino, Australia

Haych, have a look at these. Could be like yours. I bought one a while ago but it hasn't flowered as yet. very unusual.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/537/

Nowra, NSW,, Australia(Zone 9b)

It does look a bit like a toad lily, but its actually Ferraria, a member of the Iris family.

Merino, Australia

Alistair, you also solved my problem. I thought I had a toad lily but now I remember the name and on looking it up, I recognise the bulbs. It has never grown. Maybe likes more heat.
Good luck with yours Haych.
Jean.

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

haych,i havn't slept since you posted that pic-FERRARIA CRISPA,a genus of about 10 species,from africa.available at BRYAN H TONKIN.very good quality plants there. $4.40 each.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.