DG is sold already? NO comments frm GA forum?

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi all,
I don't scan much by ways of other threads since I've been too busy with other matters.Chris allerted me; I think this is important to us, and I'm just surprised that no one from Georgia has seen or commented on this. I haven't read all threads yet, there has been a very lively discussion going on evidently and finally the new owner (IB?) is commenting.
Go to Dave's garden forum and you see the different threads, here's one which is already a second one cause 1st was getting too long.

.http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1073132/#new

Sure hope DG is not changing for the worst! New owners usually have one thing on their mind.... and that has very little to do with gardening.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

there are many discussion in other forum. Dmail me your email address and we can email off DG.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

already taken care of.

This message was edited Feb 9, 2010 10:01 AM

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

I am waiting to see how this will work out. If it stays the same or improves then I will stay, if it goes downhill or the price becomes too much then I may drop out. How about you?

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

same as you, I am waiting to see. As long as there is no spam emaily or advertisement on my page.

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Coby, you might want to edit out your email, this is a public forum. Private dmail is better.

chris

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

yes, thanks, saw that too late. oh well.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

I too am waiting to see what changes are made. I like the format now and do not want to see advertisements floating across my screen... I understand they need to put some ads around the edges.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

I guess they got the picture stuff taken care of. Sure was irritating while they were changing servers or whatever. Did you notice the Poll of the week is now done by "admin" and not Dave. ARGH!!

Becky

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Just popping in on this thread for a minute. The photo migration was huge. There were over 1.4 million images just in the forums alone, moving from one server to another. We are sorry for the disruption it caused and if you find anything that doesn't look right, please let us know. (Everything *should* be in place now.)

beclu727, if it's any consolation, the voting booth questions have been written by admin (Melody, and before that, me) since the voting booth was started. I know it's not as much fun as seeing Dave's name on there...but please know that we're still here, trying to keep things running smoothly as we always have ;o)

Hope Georgia's weather is awesome this weekend. We're supposed to get up to 58 today and 62 tomorrow, here in middle TN. I'm just thankful we're no longer in the 20s and 30s every day!

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Terry,

Its good to still see your name. Just as I was going to start talking politics and religion, in pops the all seeing. :)
We are in the 50-60 range. I am allowed to come out of hibernation now.

Happy Spring!
chris

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Its 64 right now and I've been out pulling weeds and feeding them to the chickens.

Terry - Thanks for the info on the voting booth. I really like that feature. Keeps us all connected somehow. I do miss Dave though.

You're welcome! If you ever have any ideas for voting booth questions, please let Melody or me know. Sometimes we have to really wrack our brains to come up with new ones.

And yeah, we miss him, too! We need to make sure we hold him to his word and make him update us on his garden adventures this year ;o)

Alexander City, AL

I am disgusted by the constant ads for Off! on Dave's Garden website. Visiting the website is a sickening experience due to the swarms of mosquitoes on every page. If this continues, I won't subscribe again.

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

Bplum,
Go to My Tools> Preferences> Ads to select which types of ads you wish to see when you are on DG. I have never seen an ad for OFF!

Quote from BPlum :
I am disgusted by the constant ads for Off! on Dave's Garden website. Visiting the website is a sickening experience due to the swarms of mosquitoes on every page. If this continues, I won't subscribe again.

If you still see the Off! ads, let me know. I know it's not much consolation, but the same ad ran last year...they apparently LOVE the DG audience. We have asked them to run a non-moving ad, but this is what they choose to run. As a potential customer, you may have some sway with the manufacturer by letting them know how you feel about this ad.

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

As I remember, last year when I first joined, there was a REALLY annoying pop-down ad that almost kept me from joining. I later heard that when the merchant found out how annoying the ad was, they removed it. Of course, when I joined, I put the squelch on it right away. :-) Contacting the manufacturer might not be a bad idea.

Dahlonega, GA

I can't think of any other place that I can get so much information, in one place ,for twenty bucks or thirty bucks a year , as here . So , I guess unless the whole site goes way out in left field , I'm staying .
It isn't my website , so I'll take what they offer , that's why you have a choice .Digger

Newnan, GA(Zone 7b)

100 percent agreed, Digger. And the choice to have a few or no ads is more than a lot of sites give you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.