Socks and circulation

Phoenix, AZ

Can someone explain to me why every sock maker has decided to put elastic around the cuff of every sock out there? Seems no matter how low or high the sock fits, there's an elastic band at the top. Some are strangulation tight and some more 'relaxed' as they call it, but I haven't been able to find elastic-free cuffs anywhere. (Actually, I did find one in a shoe store but it was 100% nylon!)

At the end of the day, my ankles hurt, I have 'ring-around-the-leg' syndrome and my feet hurt. This has got to be more problematic for people with diabetes - something I don't have but suffer the pain of tight socks all the same. Anyone else have trouble finding nice soft, good-fitting cotton socks with non-elastic tops?

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!