Is Superstition taking orders?

Kansas City, MO

If anyone knows if they are taking them please advise. Or if you know when they will be please tell us.

After posting this I heard from Superstition in answer to an email. They said their catalog will be going out very soon and I can order then. Good news!!

K

This message was edited Feb 4, 2010 1:57 PM

Raleigh, NC

I got a similar email!

South Hamilton, MA

Last yrs catalog arrived on Feb. 17. I always note arrival dates on the covers to keep myself from going mad.

Kansas City, MO

Now that is a great idea!

Bakersfield, CA

Just got their catalog yesterday!

Santa Ynez, CA

they have great iris and always been true to name.....and they have the best selection of historic's too......when I ordered some historic's from HIPS they were very small, some looked horrible, I wrote to them and she said that is the way it is, I said for someone wanting to preserve these iris, people should be digging out better iris, anyway I love HIPS for what they are but not a good source for iris.......

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Good morning Betja, does Supertition send out a photo catalog, or is it just a list..?
thanks for your time.
Naomi &:-)

South Hamilton, MA

No photos you have to get on the community webshots for that. List is very discriptive however. Their webshot address in in the catalog & you can check what you want from that. Certainly saves time in finding what you want.

Thanks irisMA, &:-)

Bakersfield, CA

Hi Naomimade, the website address for Superstition's pictures is:

http://community.webshots.com/user/rickt103

They updated their pictures really early, so I could pretty much tell what they had added and/or dropped during December. And every time they update one of the photo albums it has a big red 'NEW' symbol by it for a month or so. They posted their 2010 introductions on Jan. 3rd and had everything else updated by Jan. 17th. By the way, they're showing one of my favorite newer irises in their catalog this year, although they don't have a picture yet. It's HAWAIIAN RAIN by Randy Squires. Here is a picture I posted of it last year. It's a gorgeous, big flower that I just love.

Thumbnail by Betja

nice! I'll have to check out Superstition tonight when I have time to browse.. &:-)
thanks!

Raleigh, NC

y'all - just wanted to let everyone know this -

I went to this webshots sites and, as is my custom, downloaded some of the photos of irises I am considering buying. had trouble with my system slowing to a crawl partway into it. it locked up twice. Like a dummy I kept trying. Then I went to Suttons site to look at a few of the 2009 and 2008 intros and a few older ones. next thing I knew, my system went down all together.

DH found a trojan. Don't know for certain it was this site. But I am going to go email the fellas about this. It may be someone's done something to one of their photos.

South Hamilton, MA

Wow sorry for your problem. Good to let them know about difficulties as it could affect their sites

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Bonjon, that's terrible. I made a file on my computer named "My Wish List,", and I do the same thing. Its easier to keep track of what I would like and when I have to narrow it down all I do is delete the ones I decide against., or save the pictures for the next year. I never ever thought about getting a virus that way.

Raleigh, NC

remember, y'all, I can't swear it was their site that caused the problem. It's just the site I was on when my system slowed to a crawl and then locked up, and then failed altogether.

DH did find information about this trojan, it's characteristics. he didn't mention a name. I've not downloaded many photos recently, except my own taken on my digital camera. I don't download much of anything. but these days, you just never know. large graphic files and sound files are the easiest to corrupt with the viruses, trojans, worms, etc. they "get lost" in the size and folks will innocently pass them along. so it's always possible that it came in with something from someone's email.

But this is the reason that, if an email insists that I "pass" something "along to 10 friends" - - - - - I delete it immediately!!

South Hamilton, MA

I have become careful about looking at any site which people post. They can be hiding there. I do use 'google news' especially for the sports news. WSJ doesn't do it that well.

Raleigh, NC

well, they responded back that I should contact webshots.

But I've had problems with downloading shots, even with permission, from webshots before- I've downloaded two other viruses from there. That was five years or so ago = DH doesn't let me do it anymore, and I got so gunshy, I won't go there. but its been a while and I forgot and started downloading these.

so I feel very certain that webshots knows there's been problems.

South Hamilton, MA

I just look & take notes.

Raleigh, NC

when webshots first came out, some of our South Dakota family used it to spread around photos of family events. They have family spread here in the Triangle area in N.C., all around the Rapid City to mid-SD, in Long Beach CA, and wherever that is that is the headquarters of Walmart.....OK? Anyway, I would try to download photos our family (all computer savvy) had uploaded, and I ran into problems.

One reason I adore Daves is that I've NEVER had that problem here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.