February Blooms 2010

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Come on and start posting your blooms!! I know there is an end to winter when my peach trees start blooming.

Thumbnail by Desertdenial5
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

These are too sweet.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

This is the first time I have ever had one of these return

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Cute little oxalis I got 2 years ago. Finally bloomed.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

One last oxalis. I bought one tiny bulb of this and the previous one. Not sure they were worth the 1 1/2 to 2 year wait but they are cute little flowers.

Payson, AZ(Zone 7a)

OK, Marie, rub it in....we still have lots of snow on the ground.
Your pictures are beautiful, especially the peach blossoms. I will have some probably the last of March, then it will freeze and no peaches. I am hoping for apples this year, hope, hope, hope.
Save that picture for the contest this year.
JoAnne

Thumbnail by jcoats123
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I love them, especially your peach blossoms!

My camera is broken...well, the disk you slide in is broken. So I can't post photos.

Marie, your peach tree is gorgeous! I have a tree outside my door that is super super tall and has little white flowers all over it. It is the one I posted on and off...with gren then fall yellows and reds. No clue what it is. Maybe I can snap a photo tomorrow with my cell phone.

I also love the others...especially the oxalis. Mine is growing but not blooming yet.

Phoenix, AZ

I'll play :) Pink Globe mallow

Thumbnail by kandredvm
Phoenix, AZ

aloe

Thumbnail by kandredvm
Phoenix, AZ

pansies

Thumbnail by kandredvm
Phoenix, AZ

datura

Thumbnail by kandredvm
Phoenix, AZ

wallflowers and others

Thumbnail by kandredvm
Phoenix, AZ

primroses

Thumbnail by kandredvm
Phoenix, AZ

stock and pansies

Thumbnail by kandredvm
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

JoAnn, I love your picture of the road and snow, it reminds me of why I live in Phoenix. ;-) It is a good pic, really well-balanced and illustrative, too.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Love that picture JoAnn!! Katie figure that darn yellow dat would be all the way open now.
Boo I hope you can post a picture of that tree. You have my curiosity going now.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Great pics Katie!

Payson, AZ(Zone 7a)

Judyb,
And I don't know why I live here!!!! I am beginning to wonder, untill it gets 115 degrees in the valley.Then I am glad I live here. lol
JoAnne

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Uh oh, looks like we have an annual lover in Katie you guys! Now all she needs is a bunch of blue pots and she's set.

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

JoAnne, if you run out of snow, you can go up to our cabin and shovel some away from the gates. ^_^ It's really not as deep as it looks, the gates are 4' tall. The deep snow in the foreground is from our grader operator's idea of how to keep people in their place. Grrrrr. But we are dying to get back home.

No flowers to show until May, so everyone's safe from me.

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Great pictures, everybody !
Marie , some of my oxalis bloomed too and I have the versicolor in bloom right now.
I have not taking any pictures in a while since I did not have the heart to spend to much time in the garden without Lulu.
I've been there in passing and fortunately the rain took care of the watering.
I need to get back in the garden and see what is gowing on. I know that the hyacinths are putting up a show and one apple is almost done blooming and started setting fruits.
Katie, did you plant the primroses this year or were they there before ? I've never had luck over summer them.
What is that variegated plant near the trellis ? I love variegated plants and that looks interesting.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have a versicolor blooming too. I only have one blooming and have not had much luck with that one. Yes get out and take some pictures and post them here!! I have lots budding right now!

Pueblo West, CO

Bought these Amarylis the first of Jan and they are now blooming. : )

Thumbnail by SUNNYAZ
Pueblo West, CO

And the other. I have one more yet to bloom.

Thumbnail by SUNNYAZ
Pueblo West, CO

I dug up all my Oxalis and brought them with me. They seem to be doing good. Still waiting on blooms though! I noticed in the pic I have what looks to be an Az Ponsettia that has snuck in.

Thumbnail by SUNNYAZ
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

That little guy just wanted you to remember all of us :o)

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

lol

Phoenix, AZ

I like annuals...and perennials...and succulents....and cactus....and pond plants....I'm an equal opportunity gardening addict! I'm going for the eclectic AZ version of the english cottage garden. Which means...I will do whatever I want if it works! No rules for me in my own back yard. I suppose i'm still at the "plant one of everything and see what happens" stage.

The primroses are new this spring. I expected they'd be annuals here. I grew them as annuals in New Jersey and Kansas as well. I have a friend outside of London who grows them as perennials, but he's the only one I know :)

The variegated plant, Rodica, is a bower vine. I think it's supposed to be pink.

What's the versicolor you're talking about?

And Marie, pics of your flax, please???

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

lol Katie....I'm wholly supportive :) BTW I think we have a purslane pro on here but I can't recall who it is....wait, I think it's Boo maybe, purslane year round.

Phoenix, AZ

Quote from azreno :
Uh oh, looks like we have an annual lover in Katie you guys! Now all she needs is a bunch of blue pots and she's set.

excuse me?

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

lol Speaking of which....I have something for you if you want it...keep forgetting to take a pic for you but since the subject is up :)

Phoenix, AZ

YAY, I want it LOL...what is it?

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Veriscolor is an oxalis that I have not had much luck with. What flax?

Phoenix, AZ

That Bower Vine is gonna eat everything in it's path ☺

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I agree with Fishie, though the variegated plants are usually less agressive than their green contrapart.
I have a green one that gets Prunator treatment several times of the year and it's still covering the patio and all the way to the bedroom window.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oooooooohhhhh - then I think I need one of those to cover something I really want to cover like an ugly gate to the alley... Bower Vine, huh?

Phoenix, AZ

I don't have Fishie's patience, and I'm wayyyy lazy. Pots are a lot more work! Besides, I will never even ATTEMPT to compete with ms. Fishie's wonderland. If the bower vine tries to take over, I have scissors. and clippers. and pruners. I like enthusiastic plants. They make up for all the wimpy ones.

marie, I thought you said the wildflowers you had blooming were flax???

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oops you are correct. Just was not registering this morning. I will see if I can get a decent picture tomorrow.

This message was edited Feb 4, 2010 6:23 AM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

Quoting:
I like enthusiastic plants. They make up for all the wimpy ones.

Love it--words to live by!
I still don't have much yet, not really even buds. But some bulbs are busy putting up the green stuff, so I have hopes!

Edited to add, lovely lovely fleurs, everyone! Please, keep 'em coming so I have something to look forward to!

This message was edited Feb 3, 2010 9:34 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.