Disabling Automatic Restart

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

... OK, back to the issues i'm having with the kids laptop.

I googled "Gateway Laptop rebooting without warning" ... too me here -- >
http://support.gateway.com/s/tutorials/Tu_926412.shtml

I've gone thru the steps... and did the 'clean up' eliminating over a hundred 'infected' files.
Though everything was jim-dandy... created a new Restore Point [but have yet to figure out how to delete all the old ones... if you are to tell me to go to Cleanup and click the "More Options" ... this computer does not have "More Options" ]

**edited to add.... was able to delete all old Restore Pts.

But all of a sudden, it was shutting down again, after being just fine for a few hrs. [usually, it would take about 15 min to shut down, from logging in... so i figured I corrected the problem. ]

So.. i get to the last step, to disable the auto shutdown.... it's already unchecked.

so -- why is it auto-shutting down, when the check box is unchecked?

at one point, i was able to do RUN | shutdown -a ... and it stopped the shutdown....
but i do think it eventually did it. [it's happened so many times, i'm losing track. ]

any ideas ??

This message was edited Feb 1, 2010 10:29 AM

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!