CLOSED: Have:Monkeytail

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Ok,sounds like a personal problem that a little cosmetic surgery would fix ...LOL

Ainsliaea cordifolia var. fragrans. Cute little plant w/ metallic pale green leaves w/ occassional hints of hot pink. Late summer/early fall,it shoots up a spike that looks like a little skinny monkey tail. Blooms in winter. Good companion plant for hostas and ferns. Rich humusy,moist but well drained soil. Freshly harvested seeds 1/28/10

P

See picture of plant on my trade page.

This message was edited Jan 29, 2010 6:00 AM

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

bigred, would that plant grow in my zone 6b? If so I'd like to try some. I'm putting in a partial shade to full shade garden under my maple trees and need to find plants that will fill the area. This plant sound interesting. Are you doing trade or SASE?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Hard to find detailed info on this particular one.My original plant came from Terra Nova years ago and they don't carry it any more but I find it grows just find as you would hostas and ferns. No wet feet in the winter or it will rot.

Is your Fennel Plant/Nigella the same as Black Cumin?

P

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

No. Nigella is also called 'Love in the mist'. The fennel is a veggie.

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Bigred I would like to try this if I may.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

do i have anything to trade?? i want this ne so bad what i have was told is monkey tail plant is not i believed it for 20 yrs. in Geogia its different one entirely.

(Zone 7a)

What to do to obtain these seeds? Thanks

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I have Bastard Balm seeds--plmk
Tommie

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I looked up the bastard balm. Lovely plant. Can we work something out for a trade or SASE?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

marti

Black Cumin/nigella sativa

http://www.plant-biology.com/Nigella-Black-Cumin.php

Gran
will d-mail

I will check others trade page but I'm getting low on seeds.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I'll be darn!! Never knew that. I have Nigella Persian Jewels. If you want some of those. I can mail them out on Monday.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.