Happy Birthday PollyK!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope you have a wonderful .. and happy day!!!!

Thumbnail by onewish1
Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday to you! Hope your day is wonderul. Eleanor

Thumbnail by grammyphoeb
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Polly, hope you have a wonderful day!! ^_^

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

WooHoo! It's your birthday. Have a great one!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Hope you have the best Birthday ever!

Thumbnail by ngam
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday, Polly! Have a great one.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy b-day!!!

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

happy b-day polly!

Corning, NY(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Polly~~~~:)Anita

Thumbnail by NYVOICES99
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday to you!!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Polly! Hope it's the best!

Thumbnail by debi_k
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all!. What a wonderful bouquet! Did you know I like irises? LOL I also like yellow daylilies, and birthday cakes, and whatever Victor posted :). Looks like a peony, but I might be wrong.

I just got home from work, can you believe my daughter made me work on my birthday? And then found all these wonderful birthday wishes.

I am so appreciative of all my friends on the NE forum. Thank you so much.

No - Stewartia pseudocamellia. ^_^

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, of course, LOL. I thought at first it was a camellia, maybe one of the new hardy ones, but I said no, but that would have at least been close.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, and my granddaughter found out today she is getting her black belt, so it was a really good day for me. The dojo makes up a t shirt with the names of all the people who are getting their black belts on it, and they have a mock up on a piece of cardboard. It had all the names, but instead of Jenna, they put Big Bird. She went in for her meeting to see if she would get her belt and looked at the mock up, and looked like she was going to cry, and said I don't think I'm getting my black belt Mommy. Hammy is, and Jinguin, and Big, WHAT?????? Then she caught on. The youngest adult black belt in their 35 year history. So that really made my day.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that's great news!!!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you, Allison. I am just so proud of her.

And also of my grandson, Jamie. They called right after I posted, and Jamie got the Presidential Award of Excellence. He is ten, and just is an absolute sweetheart.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice presents!!!!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

The best!

Congrats!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Happy belated B-Day pollyk. Hope you had a luvly day!

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you D'nut. What a beautiful D'

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Oh, Polly, I'm so sorry I'm so late in wishing you a Happy Happy Birthday! I just plain missed this thread and hope you had a very special day!
Wishing you a great year ahead as well!
Louise

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you Louise. I wish you a geat year, also.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Polly! Let's hope that 2010 is a good year for us all!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I have faith it will be.

Let's hope!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Honestly, I believe it will be a good year. I can kinda smell spring in the air some days. I just have the feeling.

Well gardening makes every spring good! Not convinced about the economy yet, though.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

The economy has to get better, doesn't it, I hope. My economy, being retired is pretty much always the same, anyway, so I guess I don't see it so much. I tend to stick my head in the sand at times.

I feel so badly for all the people losing their jobs.

One would think, but the signs are uneven at best.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

That's very sad.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I know what you mean, Polly, about being retired, but I have noticed that everything has gone up and the income stays pretty much the same. I think they use a faulty method of determining that "cost of living" has not increased. When every bill has increased, from utilities to groceries to gas to media...it seems to be relevant to the actual cost of our living, no matter how the "experts" calculate it.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm lucky that I worked for the state and we get a cost of living. I don't yet, as you have to be retired I think 5 years. I know the cost of living for SS isn't much, my husband gets SS. I don't yet. I was lucky enough to have enough years in with the state that my paycheck continued, actually went up 5.00 a week when I retired. So when I get SS it will be additional monies. Until the cost of living catches up with everything, of course.

I noticed my electric bill was about 50.00 more than last year at the same time, and we had used quite a bit less power. We put in a pellet stove, and it cut way down on the electricity.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.