P
O
T

C
A
F
E

We came from here -----> http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1065146/

Before I opened the new Cafe I was just about to say we FINALLY got some snow! So we'll have snow for maybe 6 weeks and then it'll be SPRING! And we know Spring is coming because it's seed starting time! I have some annual Hibiscus seeds starting to sprout :)

So come in out of the cold and have a hot drink (___)p

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

(___)D

Christchurch, New Zealand

fresh from my garden this morning...

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Sweet dalfyre!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new cafe Steven.

Teresa (sp) that is really a pretty spring bouquet, every color of the rainbow, makes me want spring to be right around my corner!

(Zone 6a)

Teresa that is very pretty. Thankyou!

I'm trying to tell myself that if I look out the window I'll see spring.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Well don't look over this way Steven cause you won't see it lol!

if you look out my window you will see a garden not sure if it is stilll high summer or autumn...
this summer has been over cast & cool.
Not always raining but not sunny either.
Great weather for some plants but the tomatoes are hating it.
I have one fruit on my beefsteak, two trusses (is that the right term?) of cherry tomatoes, & one small tomato on the Early Girl starting to turn pink...
my noid from last years crop has not even flowered.
normally I am giving two litre icecream containers away by now.
One year I kept the bistro at work supplied in sweet 100's for the salads.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

No spring here....snow!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Snow here as well and we weren't supposed to get any hah! I told Steve to turn on the weatherman channel and I bet they are talking about me and wondering how I knew when they didn't LOL! Well my bones know and the sky tells, why don't they ever consider that in their forecast?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

They do.. there is a weathermap of just aches and pains.. go to the weather channel! Although I still dont go by that map either...my aches are a different forecast!

Well, I have a bunch of seed to catalog so I best get back to the office.

I have sunshine... so happy!
At last real summer weather, my tomato is turning red & I see it has a companion...
sad how excited I am by two tomatoes this year.
I wonder if our winter is going to be unusually harsh?
I know the Northern Hemisphere is copping it with way more snow & extreme cold.
Time will tell.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

We had sunshine this whole weekend too!!! Felt wonderful. Still too wet to do any garden cleanup though. Got dead gingers, dahlias, etc., all waiting to be cleaned up.

what remains of the elderberry tree...

Thumbnail by dalfyre

Fond Memories rose...

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

OooO! what a lovely rose!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Lovely, so have any of you been following all the scuttlebut with the new owners of DG?

(Zone 6a)

Quoting:
scuttlebut

HAHAHAHA! I'm not really worried, the new people seem to have good intentions. I just hope they keep the membership fee. I think it helps to keep out spammers and creepers.

(Zone 6a)

dalfyre, very nice rose! It's kind of odd to think that somewhere else in the world it's warm and roses are blooming.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Candee, what is the news on the new owners? As part o the "spammers and creepers" who don't pay for the membership any longer I have missed any and all announcements.

(Zone 6a)

Sorry Zany! Thats not what I meant at all! Please don't take what I said in a bad/wrong way.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Candee, that is on a forum that is not available to non subscribers...which is why I was in the dark ;~)

SW, don't worry, I have a tough skin, a forgiving nature and a short memory that won't let me stay upset even if I wanted to! We are fine!

(Zone 6a)

great! :)

I'm not a subscriber either, there are a few good free forums that keep me busy enough - like this one ^_^
Have heard the odd comment about new owners - and out of context as they are for us non subscibers the comments can be very odd indeed...

and my garden surprised me with a gladioli...
had thought it was something else & shifted it from a dark spot behind the roses to the front with other bulbs/corms & it flowered.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

MeeMum offered me some gladdies, mini ones, now I have discovered I can grow them accidentally it might be time to take her up on that.
In fact I think the one in my garden probably came from MeeMum, she gave me a few mystery bulbs, none like this so it was neat surprise.

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Beautiful glad Teresa, lovin that color, really pops!
Didn't realize non scribers couldn't read the thread. Think the gist is there is a new owner for DG and Dave is no longer part of the Admin here. For those of us who started out with Dave many years ago, this is sad news.

(Zone 6a)

I think they're saying now he still is part of the admin but just has to answer to the new owners. But, heck, I could be wrong. I should probably shut it before I put my foot in my mouth again :)

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

New owner?? Huh? Jeez I take off a few days and whats this?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

....and everything goes to heck in a hand basket...LOL

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Owell, whachagonnadoo?

(Zone 6a)

The most that you could do is cancel your membership and stop using the site. Which I would hate to do as this site keeps me alive through the winter.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I wouldn't do anything drastic Steven, this is the best gardening site, least right now and we helped make it that way. Businesses change hands every day, just sad that Dave didn't have a say in things. As it stands right now, Dave doesn't have any admin rights, he is a subscriber and will continue to be around the forums like all of us for as long as he desires.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, I just peeked in on the "scuttlebutt" and I just hope they do not change things too drastically, about the only thing I do not like is the journal format.. it was over my head.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Took me a while to get the journal format BB and by the time I mastered it, I lost interest LOL! I think I have one huge journal from 2002 and then a couple small ones and then none!
I guess time will tell about the changes, let me say that if we go down overnight never to be seen on the web again, I thank each and every one of you for your friendship! ^_^

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, thats why I put my journaling on the trade list...I dint have time for messing with more

(Zone 6a)

I find the journal SO confusing! Everytime I figure it out, I totally forget the next time I try it again. So it doesn't get used any more. I keep track of plants I want on my Trade List which is far easier.

Thankyou Candee for your kind words! Ditto.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, there you have it folks! LOL! The journal is too tough.

Well yano, the thought has just occured to me why did all this start on a thread for the scuttlebutt and not through an official announcement like through individual D-mail????
Could it be all rumor?

I put my 2c in on the open forum, likethat will do any good, but you'd a thought that they would have made some sort of official announcement to open THAT kind of discussion.

Well, I just hope maybe they would take it to a vote to the public her and let us help them, because after all its the users who make the forums. Twernt for us, they all would not have their website.

(Zone 6a)

Quoting:
Twernt for us, they all would not have their website.

Well said Blossom!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.