Any ideas for a garden tour theme or title?

Danville, IN

I posted this on the Trees, Shrubs, and Conifers forum, but thought I'd ask all of you, too.

I am helping organize a garden tour to raise funds for the local library. We have ten interesting gardens for this event in July. Does anyone have a suggestion(s) for a "name" for the tour. Some of the gardens feature dwarf conifers and other trees and shrubs, some more of perennials. They are all different. We thought of "Gardens in Bloom", but surely there are some more interesting titles to use for promotional materials.

Any suggestions anyone might have (or have seen done on other garden tours) would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I think I would tie the name into the Cause.
Novel Garden Tour?

Danville, IN

Very clever! Keep the ideas coming!

(The Indianapolis Flower and Patio Show in March has its theme this year of "Novels". It ought to be interesting.)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Garden Looks for Books

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

What is the name of the library? Is it in Danville? Will the tour start or stop at the library? Light bulbs are flickering. LOL

Danville, IN

The library is in Plainfield (I live in rural Danville now, but taught and lived in Plainfield for many years) and is called the
Plainfield / Guilford Township Public Library. The gardens on the tour are all in Guilford Township, and are open to ticket holders for the posted hours over the weekend. The tour is a la carte, in any order, and doesn't involve starting or ending at the library.

Keep those light bulbs flickering!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Literary Garden Tour

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Come Read in my (our) Garden (s)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I pulled up the library's web site. :) What about something somewhat obvious from there?

Where The Journey Begins

Enrichment In/From the Garden

Winter Reading and Spring Time Seeding

Library Friends Garden Tour

I'm still thinking. All 7 kids are home and the light bulb got stomped. LOL

Danville, IN

Nice... I'm copying them all down for our next meeting. Thanks!

John

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I had a few things in my head but once the kids come home with a bad case of Mom-can-you, I get lost. LOL

There are several other things you could do with 'Literacy Grows', 'Reading Begins', 'Seeds, Stories and'...

I guess more obvious things would be "Money Doesn't Grow On Trees". :)

I'm just blank for the moment.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Guliford's Travels

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

'Green' looks for books

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

A little obscure but
Biblio Trek

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I just found this and I don't have a thing to suggest, but I wanted to ask HoosierGreen how long it's been since you taught in Plainfield? My brother and SIL live there and my nephew and his wife both teach and he coaches in Plainfield.

My DH and I are big fans of Chateau Thomas Winery and we need to head over that way to replenish our coffers....(our last name is Thomas, so we had to check them out!!)

When exactly is the tour?

Danville, IN

joycet: I taught for 36 years, retiring three years ago. I was in the classroom long enough that maybe I had one or more of your relations as students!

Chateau Thomas Winery is a fun place. No vineyards, but they have decent wine and schedule lots of summer entertainment in the wine garden. Our favorite regional winery is just outside of Bloomington, about 30 miles from here...Oliver Winery. Very nice facility, vineyards, and beautifully landscaped grounds.

This year's garden tour is the weekend of July 10 and 11. We have ten gardens lined up. A nice variety. You are very welcome to come on over and make it a weekend of gardens and wine! Indiana actually has a couple regional wine routes for touring. The Southern Highland Wine Tour is a great drive in the spring or fall.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

My nephew is Paul Nicodemus...sound familiar? His wife is Kay, but I don't remember her maiden name.

I'll put the dates on my calendar....maybe it will work out that I could come. Thanks for the winery tip!

Danville, IN

It's a small world, after all. I didn't have Paul or Kay in class, BUT my children had THEM as teachers. My daughter had Paul for math one year, and my daughter had Kay one year for math, before Kay was married to Paul. How about that!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I know that Plainfield isn't that big really, so I'm not surprised that you knew of them. They're great kids..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.