Good name for a garden tour?

Danville, IN

I am helping organize a garden tour to raise funds for the local library. We have ten interesting gardens for this event in July. Does anyone have a suggestion(s) for a "name" for the tour. Some of the gardens feature dwarf conifers and other trees and shrubs, some more of perennials. They are all different. We thought of "Gardens in Bloom", but surely there are some more interesting titles to use for promotional materials.

Any suggestions anyone might have (or have seen done on other garden tours) would be appreciated. Thanks!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Are they public gardens or personel homes?

Danville, IN

Oh yes, they are all private homes, amateur gardeners one and all. This is our second year for a tour, and we think last year's was so successful because people weren't intimidated by the properties. Now, some were really grand (very enthusiastic home gardeners), but they were all interesting and different. There was something for everyone, and a nice variety of features including ponds and bubble rocks, outdoor kitchens and other hardscapes, gazebos, etc.

The town has less than 15,000 people, but we seem to have had no trouble finding gardens. I would recommend a garden tour for any group trying to raise funds for supporting a library or good cause.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm usually pretty good at coming up with names, just have to think on it for a bit.

Danville, IN

Any suggestions are welcome. One idea might spark others. Thanks!

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

"Turning Leaf Garden Tour" - a bit of a play on the leaf of a book.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

"Flora-magnifica" ( flora can be any plants.)

Kyle :-)

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

HoosierGreen:

How about you name it the DIGS Tour?

Danville
Indiana
Garden
Sampler

Tour - and you can imagine most everyone that gardens DIGS books, too.

Or something like that...

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

How about “Danville Grandiflora”

Danville, IN

Great suggestions! Keep them coming please.

Note: Actually, the town that I'm helping out is Plainfield, not Danville. So, unfortunately, VV's suggestion would then become Plainfield Indiana Garden Sampler....PIGS! Oink, oink!

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

lol. I liked VV's suggestion too.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Backyard Edens

Probably too silly, but I remember one I thought was so cute, Heavy Petals.

Holland, OH(Zone 5b)

Gardens Galore

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Bloomin bonanza

(Zone 5b)

Blooms for Books
if you do a wine tour you could call it Library Libations haha (that turning leaf suggestion made me think of that, there's a turning leaf wine)

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

"Behind the Garden Gate"...since people always wonder what's in that backyard, behind that gate...
I co-chaired one for Master Gardeners a few yrs ago. Ours was 'Inside Austin Gardens."

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

PLANT

Plainfield
Library
Annual
Neighborhood garden
Tour

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

flowerjen - like it!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Weeders Love Readers!!

sorry to be silly--I like the The Backyard DIGS Tour

Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

Plainfield's fancy gardens (as in, the fields might be plain, but the gardens aren't). Peg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.