Ouch!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Well I must say I fared pretty well with those heavy duty winds last night .. greenhouse and shed are still standing thanks to the mobile home augers - a glass top table with umbrella tipped over, but the glass did not break ... All but 3 panels of the reed fence came through it ok .. I'll be busy this afternoon! I have to pat myself on the back for the sturdy frame design, only one wood center piece of the frame succumbed. Every time we have high winds for a long stretch it's always these three panels that take a beating because there is nothing to break the wind where they are .. I'm trying to figure out a quick release system for the panels so I can take the vulnerable 3 down when this happens again. They are secured by zip ties at the moment. When I designed the fence I had hurricanes in mind .. they are very easy to take down and lay flat and though awkward, they are light I can do it myself.

Anyone else have any damage?

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

Ouch indeed, today's winds were fierce! Between all this rain lately and the wind, it's been crazy. And now it's going to get cold again. "Fun." Sorry about your fence X.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

The winds just forced me into replacing all the reeds in the panels sooner than I wanted too .. it's just too cold to be working outside! But the view of my neighbors yard is less than pleasant.

My yard is very boggy and soft everywhere because of all the rain. I'm thinking that probably the only real positive about all this super cold & wet weather is that it's probably knocked down the flea and tick population.

X

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

The quick release idea is a good one. My husband used to work from a company that built, repaired and anchored boat docks against hurricanes. One of the things they did was have removable portions to give the water a place to escape.
We were spared the worst of it, thank goodness.
Barb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.