Vancouver 2010! Who's your favorite medal contender?

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

America crowned their ice princes and princesses in last week's nationals. All other sport teams selected. 18 more days before Vancouver will lit the famous cauldron. Who is your favorite athlete or team more likely to get a medal?

Aside from Men's Hockey, I will be closely following Ice Dancing! Yes, you heard it right, Ice Dancing!

My favorite team and more likely gold medal contenders:
Meryl Davis and Charlie White - Ice Dance (USA)

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Then you have Canada's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. These two teams are almost guaranteed to win gold and silver.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Will the American "Eagle".........

Thumbnail by Tex68
Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

.....gut the Canadian "Goose"?

Thumbnail by Tex68
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Watched the championships yesterday on the tube. Did you see that little ten year old skate in exhibition? Boy is he going to have a future in the sport. The dance teams and the mens individual teams have a shot at medals according to the experts. I am looking forward to the olympics in general to help get through Feb. and closer to spring. Good entertainment even during the day for someone stuck inside most of the time. Like the speed skating too.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Apollo.

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Yeah, that kid is a wonder! He's going to be a future gold medalist.
Ice Dance - used to be a 'political' sport and long dominated by Russians and Europeans. Now all of a sudden North America becomes a force to reckon with. I won't be surprised to see a North American sweep in the podium.
Like what I said, Davis/White(USA) and Virtue/Moir(Canada) are almost guaranteed the top two spots. Tanith Belbin and Ben Agusto(USA) might have a chance for bronze but there's a couple of Russian and French teams that are in contention. I also doubt that the IFSC would like to see two American teams in the podium. But who knows? The ice is always slippery!

Jamaican boblsled team!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

White and Davis
Ohno
Shaun White

Phoenix, AZ

Apollo Ohno for sure. My second cousin got her picture taken with him. So jealous. I don't pay too much attention to the rest of the Olympics. I love speed skating.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I didn't like Apollo till I saw him on Dancing with the Stars, so I'll be rooting for him this year. I love ice dancing and figure skating and the downhill, I like watching a lot of the winter Olympics and of course always root for the US and because I'm Russian I secretly root for them too, lol

Comrade Putin will be happy to hear that, Jen. ^_^

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

hee hee

Do we have medal contenders in many sports this time??

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I will be cheering for Shaun White.....DS is a snowboarder and has been watching SW since he turned pro at the age of 13.

Cool! I'll watch for him. The kids have the Wii Winter Olympics so they're looking forward to watching.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.