please, need advice!!

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Hi everyone,
this is the first time i have posted on this forum.
I am i a missionary kid from Mozambique, originally from South Africa. We work with children here. anyway, the one homeless boy who is staying with us seems to have a deficiency in his body, i was hoping you guys could help me figure out what. you see, whenever he has a minor scratch, it seems to be healing fine, but then it starts festering and bursts open. and he has a cut on his one toe he got from playing, and its about two weeks ago and it won't heal either. i am putting on antibiotic cream, do you think i should give him antibiotic pills too? it keeps festering, and there is this gooey oily stuff coming out at times. the government hospital where we live i know won't be able to help me with something like this, they consider it too "minor" for their attention.
i would appreciate absolutely any advice!
thank you in advance!!
isaac

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!