Disappointment with Bernat variegated yarns

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

For the second time in two years, I have used a Bernat variegated yarn in which there was no attention to dye lots. In the first instance a couple of years ago, I encountered a knot WITHIN the skein and shortly after that knot became aware that one of the colours of the variegation was not there.

Most recently, I purchases two skeins of Super Value worsted weight acrylic 224132 colour 28315. There is another number which appears to be 09 09 stamped on the label. This is a variegated purple-green yarn and the purple is much brighter in one skein than in the other.

When I purchase two skeins which appear to be of the same dye lot, I expect them to be the same colour. Since this has now happened to me twice, it would appear that Bernat doesn't seem to take dye lots seriously on variegated yarns and therefore, I will be avoiding Bernat variegated yarns in the future.

Ann

PS You can't really see much difference in the picture and it is, indeed, subtle. But it IS there.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn
This thread has 45 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!