Blues anyone?

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

COWABUNGA

Thumbnail by 1913cat

CATCH A WAVE

Thumbnail by 1913cat

Cowabunga is more of a blue/purple, depends on the lighting.

Raleigh, NC

Everest Blue

Thumbnail by bonjon
Raleigh, NC

Richard's Joyous Love

Thumbnail by bonjon
Raleigh, NC

donaghcloney

Thumbnail by bonjon
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

TRue Navy and Richard's Joyous Love are YUMMY.

Taylorsville, KY

Hey, rebloomnut -- Peggy Sue is pink, not blue -- the picture is lovely, can you check again for the name?

Sue

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Favorite Blues hmm, Gotta go with "Blueberry Bliss" second with "Sea Power" just because its a bit slow growing, and third "Dusky Challenger" and fourth "Breakers" of the ones that have bloomed for me.
Photo is of "Blueberry Bliss".

This message was edited Feb 10, 2010 2:16 AM

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Missirisbert you are right. That was an Ebay purchase that was mislabeled and when I found out I meant to correct it and then forgot about it. It is now corrected in my file. Thanks for the reminder.

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Here is a picture of the iris Color Me Blue taken in Oregon in 2006.

Thumbnail by Reggietheclown
Bakersfield, CA

I've been really impressed with Schreiner's BAJA BLUE, which was a bonus plant somewhere around three years ago. It has been a reliable bloomer for me each year since I received it.

Thumbnail by Betja
South Hamilton, MA

We bought Honk Tonk blues at a sale last fall. Wonder how it will do here.

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

DaLoveRat, is your picture a photo of Blueberry Bliss?... love it. &:-)

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes I edited my post to name the photo.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

And it looks like the beautifully famous NOID Behind and to the right of it.
Blueberry Bliss has such a rich deep coloring I may have to get that one this year.

Ditto, rebloomnut..
Last year I vowed to purchase more rebloomers so I wouldn't be so sad in the Fall....and all the iris I've purchased so far are not! Shame on me..... I'd better go and add to my wish list...... ha haa!!!

South Hamilton, MA

Start your iris bloom earlier with IB 'Barrel House Blues' hybridized in CO.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

It took a couple of years for "Honky Tonk Blues" to settle in for me not the fastest grower but a nice flower.
Pic of "Honky Tonk Blues".

This message was edited Feb 10, 2010 12:18 PM

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Raleigh, NC

Honky Tonk Blues is a nice one, and it didn't bloom here it's first year, either, but made a nice c lump in year 2.

You know, irisMA, I got a very nice shot of Barrel House Blues at nationals last year, and just came across that photo again. Now you mention that it's an IB, and I don't know that I knew that. I love IB the best. Wonder why it's not on my list for this year? must have forgotten it!

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I have Honky Tonk Blues, but I forgot about it when starting this thread. Probably because I have yet to see a bloom. Wondering how long I've had it....

Spicer, MN

This is one 'Blue' that hasn't been mentioned. Juke Box Hero has great substance and size.

Thumbnail by husker11
Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Honky Tonk Blues took a long time to settle in for us too.

Barrel House Blues? I've never heard of it.. I'll have to look around. thanks! &:-) I have an IB that blooms very early.. it's called 'Protocol' I bought it about three years ago, and before I knew it, I had about 5 dozen plants!

Thumbnail by naomimade
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

This was one from the first round of named iris I'd ever purchased back in 2007. So many of the ones named here are on my massive wishlist =)

Anyhow, I loved this one, Ascent of Angels.

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Same, Ascent of Angels, single flower shot.

Thumbnail by dmac085

Ascent of Angels is very pretty...&:-)
I found Barrel House Blues at Iris Colorado, IrisMA. It looks almost the same as On Line.. but smaller. I do like the Blueberry Bliss tho. I'm trying to collect different colors, tho, ultimately..I already have Titan's Glory, Shore Patrol, Bubbling Over, Above the Clouds and On Line.. lots of blues..
This year I'm also trying to collect some Dykes Medalists....Golden Panther, I think was last years..?
I want too many, really.... ha ha! I already have 68...I think, different kinds in my little back yard.. seriously... I've been thinking about getting some land somewhere to grow more!!!

South Hamilton, MA

Hey everyone, for some reason the pictures are not appearing on the posts. Barrel House blued is a sibling of the Sass Medal winner, 'Midsummer Night's Dream' both from Iris Colorado. DH as a dark blue IB 'Battenkill Riffle' Dee used to have it, but obviously it did not sell. A nursery in CA sells it but forget the name.

Raleigh, NC

I'd seen the name Battenkill Riffle - was wondering if it was hybridized up in the Dutch area of NY with a name like that.

We drove through NY last year. I'd grown up partly in Poughkeepsie, and thought nothing of all the "kill' names. DH and DD burst out into giggles every time I said "Spackenkill" - they thought it was just the most perfect name for a murder mystery villain, and here I always thought of it as just a location!

South Hamilton, MA

Hybridized here, but the trout stream is in VT.

Raleigh, NC

ah! well, trout stream makes sense. It's blue water.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.