What do you do when you can't get in the garden?

Triad(for a few more, NC(Zone 7a)

This is what I did;

http://hubpages.com/hub/Peaceful-Yarn

My Winter hobby.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Very cute Susan. Stylish and practical. I crochet mostly baby blankets and things like that. Haven't done any for a couple years now, but I did make stuffed bunnies for each of the grandkids for their first Easter. Mostly when I can't get in the garden I plot and plan for when I can. Then of course there is the ordering and dreaming. Getting new ideas from DG and the northeast forum. Too many enablers around here don't you know, but it is just great to have a winter hobby to keep you out of trouble in the off season.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

build bird houses, play with a stone mushroom cap, and plan next years projects, play in the snow

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I sew and I knit. I even get to go out to the barn so DD can ride (indoor arena).

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

How cute are those!!!!
I read and,of course, there is DG

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

I do a whole bunch of stuff, gardening is just another one of my hobbies. As long as I can live and breath another day and appreciate the world it's all good! lol!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Clean house and brush the cats. Not going to do much of either once the garden wakes up!

WOW, love reading all those posts. I would love to build bird houses. I have 2 dogs I brush, not as often as I should. Am spending most of this weekend crocheting and watering my asparagus seeds that I set out into flats last weekend in my greenhouse. I also transplanted some 1 gallon trees and shrubs up into 3 gallons. They will be planted in my gardens when I move to MA in August.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice scarves. I made a few of those fun fur scarves a few years back.
Bill, have you posted your bird houses at all?

I like to ski, went for the first time on Friday - it was a great morning for it.

I do some paper crafting - make some greeting cards. I usually at least design my next years holiday card in January, and try to get as much done before spring, so that I'm ahead when Dec. hits.

here is a sample

Thumbnail by debi_k
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

here are three of them debbie

Thumbnail by wha

Nice Bill, nicer setting for them too.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

did you notice the birdie?

Thumbnail by wha

No! I meant to ask if they get used. Cool.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

blue birds have been checking them out and some woody's move in from time to time

My sister has had blue birds the past 2 years after having houses up for quite a few years.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice card and birdhouses!

I winter sow a lot of seeds and of course start some inside. My house is cleaner although not by much! I do cook more and I love to read. Lots of Internet searching for seeds and plants! Not to mention coming to Dave's every single spare moment!

2 winters ago I went out and got some material to sew a quilt. Started but got the wrong material. So last winter went out and got more material. I started sewing it but since I have not sewn for 40 years I am out of touch. Instead of doing little 2" squares I should start with 6" squares and get back in the swing.

Everthing is in the closet.

OMG, the cards and birdhouses are beautiful! I love taking up new hobbies. When I move back to MA my daughter in law is going to teach me and help me put all my sons childhood photos into scrapbooking. I am really looking forward to it. I would also like to get into woodcrafts.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I plan next years planters and gardens,make collages and keep records.Folders and files of what Ive done so I dont forget where the coleus will go,
I also paint
http://www.joanngentle.com/

Thumbnail by ge1836

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.