Australian Hose Thread vs US Hose Thread

San Diego, CA

I have some fertilizer dispensers with US hose thread fittings -- both male and female. Is there an online source in Australia to buy couplings that go between Au hose thread and US hose thread?

Sorry I don't know the answer ...perhaps someone else may come along have the answer for you.

Barmera, Australia

G'Day
If you mean couplings that go on taps etc the Australian ones are BSP I wasn't aware that the US ones were different but I suppose the fittings are changed if US gear comes to Aust. If you only want one fitting it would be worthwhile getting a Fitter & Turner to make you one. Better still if you have a friend who has a lathe then you can get him to turn one up for you.
Brian

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

no doubt,theres an adapter already available[there seems to be an adapter for everything else]

Perth, Australia

I'm a bit confused (Doesn't take much) but if you're in the US (San Diego) why do you need a BSP connection to a US contraption?

It may have an engineering thread NOT a plumbing thread especially if it is for use in a rural/agricultural situation.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2010 11:23 AM

This message was edited Jan 28, 2010 11:24 AM

San Diego, CA

Quote from Bille1 :
I'm a bit confused (Doesn't take much) but if you're in the US (San Diego) why do you need a BSP connection to a US contraption?

I have customers in Australia who buy U.S.-made fertilizer injectors for garden taps and hoses.

Perth, Australia

Ok I see what you mean, try going to an engineering workshop where they do fitting and turning and they should have a selection of dies or the ability to measure and identify the the thread size and type.

You could then either get them to make them for you or come back and I'll make some inquiries about suitable adaptors here in OZ.

The thread on the gadget may not be standard other than in the US, so ask the workshop for the size and thread pitch etc. I'm a Plumber not an engineer so need a bit of guidance here.

Hope this helps.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2010 12:07 PM

San Diego, CA

Thanks Bille1, that's very good advice!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.