Just Sharing.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

I posted this in the beginner gardening section, but thought you all might like to check it out... I have been experimenting with over-wintering as many as my outside plants as possible, to cut down on planting expenses in the Spring/Summer. Took my hanging baskets with Vinca vince from the porch and hung them downstairs in the basement, which stays around 55 or so. Only light they get is a ceiling fixture light bulb in the middle of the stairway/pantry..
I'm just excited that they are still growing enough that I have to trim them once in awhile, just like I do in the summer.. but imagine my surprise when 2 of them started blooming! These plants are 3 yrs old, and I haven't seen them bloom since I bought them!

Thumbnail by Kizmo
This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!