Ideas for flavoring yogurt

Radford, VA(Zone 7a)

I've been making my own 'crock pot yogurt' for several months now and thought I'd pass on some flavoring ideas that have worked well for me.

My favorite is to add 1 package of Land O'Lakes Mocha flavored hot cocoa to 1 qt. of plain yogurt. The Chocolate Raspberry & Hazelnut flavors work well too.

Another thing I've been making is flavored sugars:

1 t. extract or flavor per 1 C white sugar
(I like to add food coloring too)

(Since yogurt is always a bit tart, lemon and orange flavors are particularly well suited!)

Then it's a simple matter to use flavored sugar, instead of plain sugar, in the recipe.

(If you're using plain store-bought yogurt, 1 teaspoon of any extract, per quart of yogurt, works well.)

You can always use the flavored sugars in other recipes too. If you're like me, and just love maple flavor--it's really simple to make maple flavored sugar cookies, etc.!

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!