(MichaelZ) Michael Zerwas

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Michael Zerwas, known here as MichaelZ passed away between January 14th and 16th in a tragic accident at his home. A long time member of Dave's Garden, Michael joined us on October 21, 2005.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/southwest_portland_man_dies_af.html

Michael was active in a great number of forums here, but especially enjoyed the Pacific Northwest Forum, Recipes, Birdwatching and Trash to Treasure. His sense of humor and wit were especially noted in the weekly 'You Supply the Caption' feature, where he generously offered pictures and funny one-liners.

He had a keen sense of composition and the image that we placed on this header is one of the beautiful scenes he so graciously shared with us.

Michael enjoyed trading seeds with other members and swapping recipes. He also offered to trade Pacific Northwest Weather to the cloud and rain deprived Southwest on occasion. He seemed to give us a chuckle wherever he turned up here at DG and we will certainly miss him.

Thumbnail by melody
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I didn't know Michael well, but was always please with what he had to share when he popped into the Pacific Northwest Forum. His death at such an early age was truly a tragedy.

Rest in peace, good man, and may spring come early in the garden that you are tending now.

Kathy

This message was edited Jan 20, 2010 2:31 PM

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I was very saddened to read of his tragic passing.

He will be very missed here on Daves.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I am sad to hear about his passing, I didn't know him, but I can see that he was very well liked.
Josephine.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I did not know Michael personally, but so enjoyed his wit that was apparent in reading his posts in my various travels around DG. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this time.

Kelly

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

To my good friend, "Z"

I will miss you dear friend. You shared so much with me, your humor, your thoughts and your love of life in so many respects. Your email to me on Friday the 15th of January was so very much appreciated. The disovery of your long time friend Jean, aka jackofspades, via DG was truly one of the delights of your life. The stories you told of her dog Keetah made me laugh so much :)

We laughed together on Saturdays and sometimes prior to Saturdays as I shared with you the weekly YSTC articles - sometimes, yes, before they were published :)

This one was a favorite of course, because it was of Daisy, your silly kitty :) http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2544/

You told me you didn't participate in the Prayer Forum, but that didn't mean you didn't pray for those with problems; that I know for sure.

Z, I'm at a loss for words - others of course will be more eloquent. I will miss you so very much. Wish I was better at expressing all this, but Jean knows :)

Love, Dea

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I only knew Michael from the photography forum and am so sorry that he won't be sharing any more of his photos or humor with us.
My heart goes out to his family and friends. I know he will be missed. Do remember he left us all a wonderful legacy here, with his threads, photos and posts on DG.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all while you are grieving for his loss.
Walk In Beauty!
SingingWolf

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6962912

This is the picture Michael posted this past August of his homemade 'traffic camera'.
I zoomed in on it and started laughing and laughing. I copied the picture and sent it to friends - - - still laughing. So much imagination & fun went into this 'traffic camera'.
I loved his humor!
RIP dear Michael.
Mary

Santa Fe, NM

I didn't know Michael well but enjoyed his posts in photography and recipes. He will be missed.

Little did I realize viewing the news on Monday of this tragic accident that it was our own Michael.
Michael you will be missed and blessings to the family and friends.
GGK

Some more of Michael's good humor.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1044584/

This message was edited Jan 21, 2010 2:06 AM

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

So very sorry , prayers for all his family and friends.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

So sad, such a fun, nice guy.

Wells, TX(Zone 8b)

prayers said for his family...

Crossville, TN

Sorry for the loss of another wonderful DG member/ RIP. Jo

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

VERY SORRY THAT SUCH A TRAGEDY CAN happen... PRAYERS FOR HIS FAMILY..? S orry caps hit again..

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This is tragic. So sorry about this loss. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.