Problems with orders to the CDN Thompson & Morgan division

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Did anyone place a Thompson & Morgan order in December? I have not received my order yet, which was placed thru wwww.thomsonmorgan.ca (the CDN Distribution). There is no Canadian division anymore, so everything is handled thru the US now.
Anyways, there were multiple transactions on my credit card which, at no surprise, do not match the order amount. Today, I received a letter dated Jan 6th, explaining a small credit amount to my credit card. The letter is worded in such a way that I would have received the goods, had an issue and contacted T&M to resolve the issue. Since I had never received the order in the 1st place, they have obviously mixed my order and another order up.

So I called the toll free number for CDN orders and the call centre was in eastern states. They did not have a copy of my original order or of the letter explaining the small credit. Apparently there is a huge mix up of the orders placed in December. The call centre person said they have had a ton of calls regarding order problems from orders placed in Dec.

So, if you have placed an order with T&M, please check you credit card transactions and make sure everything matches. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Calgary, Canada

Didn't they just start up that Canadian distribution center?
My November order did not come until Xmas.

Calgary, Canada

I have not place my order yet and perhaps won't try this year.

Calgary, Canada

Most of the Tand M items are in the garden centers, except the new items.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well, good news, I received most of my order today. One item is cancelled & not available, and a couple of others were back-ordered. I'm glad I got the couple of petunias, which T&M seem to be the only supplier.

Calgary, Canada

I get disgusted with companies which place items in the glossy catalogues or pretty pictures on line, and then when you order promptly-------they back order or they say they are out of it. I suspect some items are in the catalogue to gauge consumer interest. They should follow what some of the small seed growers do:
When they advertise a seed which they only have small amounts---they say in the ad that there is a limited supply.

Calgary, Canada

I finally received all the backorders to my November order.
Three months is too long to wait for seeds.

Calgary, Canada

I wonder why they are sending out more catalogues from the Canadian center?
Same catalogue but different cover?

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

I have exactly the same situation. I ordered from them the first week of January. No seeds by the first week of February so I phoned them. They said they'd be out by the middle of February. Still no seeds by last week so I emailed customer support. Just got an email from them saying that they'll be re-sent and be here mid month. I hope that because you eventually got your seeds, I will too.
We'll see.

Calgary, Canada

My order of January 25th came yesterday.
Of course there are back orders including geranium seeds which really need to be started now! Walmart had seedling geraniums so I will go with the plain ones for this year. I had wanted to do the Black Velvet ones.

Shawnigan Lake, Canada

I too was not pleased with how my order to the Canadian site was handled. It took forever to get here but it finally arrived, shipped from
Europe!!!

I will not be ordering from them again, too much uncertainty. They list their address in Ontario, but when I google street viewed the address, there is someone else operating from there, so I do not think they are being honest with their online customers.

cullman, AL(Zone 7b)

I've never ordered from T&M before, though about it until i seen this posting..
Instead I ordered form parks seeds (http://www.parkseed.com) although they are not a canadian site.. I however was very pleased.. They had good pricing, fast shipment too..
I've now ordered bulbs from Vesey's (www.veseys.com) which is canadian, and I'm waiting on the shipment as they cant send till its my planting season.. I liked that they hold off so I dont need to store them..
Thanks to all of you for posting about T&M and saving me the hassle and disappointment..
jen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.