LOL Heavy Metal Finches

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Someone has too much time on their hands

http://www.wimp.com/experimentalband/

Columbia, SC

Post-punk band? Cute, X!

Westminster, SC(Zone 7b)

This was so cool. I love birds anyway. Thanks for sharing.

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

That was great.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I like the one trying to get the stick out from the strings.

X

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

I think that one is building a nest... very cute - now gotta watch at home where I can hear it too. Thanks!

Westminster, SC(Zone 7b)

I also like the one getting the twig out or building the nest. Are these birds indigenous to our area?

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

The stick part was cute, makes me wonder if they could hear the "music" as they were making it.

I believe most of those, if not all, are Zebra finches - native to Australia like most of the pet birds seen in the U.S. Some people breed them by the hundreds. When I bough my Eclectus Parrot the breeder also breed Finches, and I couldn't even count the cages. They are a nice pet for folks who don't want a very needy bird. Most finches I've seen aren't really the "get out of the cage and play" type of pet. For that you'd need a Budgie or a Cockatiel, the later being my personal favorite. Anything bigger than a Cockatiel, and you're basically buying a 3 year old child (intelligence and needs wise). My Cockatoo is scary smart sometimes, and very needy when it comes to attention. She'll also probably outlive me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.