Squirrel Pics Vol. 13

Melbourne, FL

Lucky number 13....continuing our pursuit of those crazy squirrels. Go back to the old thread here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/1046094

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Nursing mother....here she actually looks pregnant.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I am amazed at your pictures, what kind of camera do you use?

Melbourne, FL

Thanks, Catbird. I was using my Olympus Evolt with my 300mm lens.

Melbourne, FL

Watching me.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Oh. those close-up shots are so nice!!!

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Quote from burn_2007 :
Oh. those close-up shots are so nice!!!

I agree! I have never seen a squirrel so clearly!

Melbourne, FL

Another squirrel shot.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Squirrel and box feeder.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Beautiful photos GP! These beauties sure get fed well at your home.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I had to laugh at that one pic especially on our othe r thread. The one of the rump shot tryign to get in th ebox for a nut. Like oh boy treasur e trove, le t me just stand on my tippy toe s a bit more. I know somethign good gott a be in here.

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

My gray squirrels aren't as close as yours GP and most of the time one of our dogs is doing her best to keep them out of the bird feeders.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Duc.. Amaing how much different yours look compared to ours.

I havign fits with mine right now. They have really mad e a mes s of hudnred s of pots with their nuts. Now they do such a neat job of diggign and doign thier little patty pat when they bury them, why the heck can't they cover the plant roots and filback in the hole when they dig em up?

Sandusky, OH

Nice shots GP and Duc! I rarely see the neighborhood Gray, he is too scared of the Fox Squirrel's. When he does show up its usually a dash for his life routine. lol

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Gardenpom... I love photo #3!
Such a cute face!

Sandusky, OH

Same old story......."it wasn't me".

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Great picture Burd. I love the coloring on your squirrel.

This little one has figured out how to hang over the roof of the feeder and get the seeds.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

This is after being chased off the feeder by the dogs in our yard. The squirrels will sit here until the dogs go back into the house, then they're back climbing up to the feeder. Can't blame them, they get hungry too.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hahahahah how true. been laughign at that it wasn't me. Cu that just what mine are all sayign this mornign while i have fots at them for al the mes s they have made evrywhere s in all the pots. Root s hanging out evrywhere.

Melbourne, FL

Love the color of that last squirrel. I have a few more to post. Here is Momma squirrel again.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Male going after a peanut.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Mmmm' good!

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Collage of a squirrel opening a Walnut.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Sandusky, OH

Everyone's Squirrel's do have their own look for where they live. My buddy has some Black Squirrel's in his back yard, I will be visiting him next week, with camera in tow. Like your shots!! GP, nice collage you've done!

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Great photos GP! Love that collage.
Burd, I'd love to see photos of the black squirrel. I don't recall ever seeing one. We did have a mean red squirrel when I lived in Ohio. He was a little guy but could scare off any larger squirrel in a heartbeat.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

We have our 1st black squirrel visitor! My husband and I had seen one in the neighborhood about 5 blocks away last year, and the only other one I've ever personally seen is at our Wildbird Habitat store where we get our seed supplies...about 8 miles away.
So we are guessing the one from 5 blocks away found our place full of goodlies...or one of it's relatives...so cool! :)
Amazing with a neighborhood filled with fox squirrels...6 I've taken a pic of together!

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Wow. a balck one really is black. Are you able to spot them in the trees. I wonderign if different types of trees determine some of what kind you wil have?

Melbourne, FL

That black squirrel is a beauty. You are sure lucky to have one!

Sandusky, OH

Thought I had a Gray Squirrel, turns out he/she is a mix of a Gray/Fox. Picture not that great.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Hello Gardenpon and Starlight,

Thank you...glad you liked the pic! :)

Hello Burd,

Yep, looks like a mixture of them to me too! :)
What do ya think of our black squirrel visitor?

Sandusky, OH

Quote from SusanLouise :
What do ya think of our black squirrel visitor?

Nice Capture SusanLouise! I hope you see more of him/her! There not too common, here I know of 3 (pockets?) of them, one close, the others in rural areas.

Melbourne, FL

Just a couple of pics taken today.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

The long stretch.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Gardenpon,

Love those back end shots....HA!

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I got lost! Great pics everyone!

Got a few today....Looking soooo innocent here.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

I know it's in here somewhere....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Eating a little snow...????

Thumbnail by nanny_56

oops!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Holding On!!