Anyone have Golda?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Or your own photo of it? The photo on Rosy Dawn site is a beautiful yellow with red blush. The one in Dave's cultivar finder is a solid green. I know it might vary some with lighting but these 2 photos don't even look similar. I'm wondering what it really looks like?

Karen

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Karen
I havent grown this one but here is another pic.Is that what you were looking for?

http://www.avantgardensne.com/catalog/product.cgi/0/2760/P1/default/N/0

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks, jadajoy, I did see it. That's why I was asking. Rosy Dawn's picture is bright gold with red tint. The one on Avant Garden and cultivar finder is green. I know coleus changes with lighting but that looks like a different plant.

I placed my order today and passed up on the Golda.

Karen

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Its early yet. You can pick it up later if you change your mind. You might find it locally too.

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

I had Golda from Rosy Dawn. I didn't see any blush. I think it has to be in full sun for that effect ???? Mine was in part sun. It is a very nice grower though. I recommend it.
If you look here in Plantfiles, I just posted a picture of Dexter. The companion plant is Golda. They had similar growth habits and went well together.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/271263/

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Loretta.

Karen

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sorry, I was looking for that blush too but Katie has it with a thin picotee.

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

Just wanted you to know that I did get the blush this year on one of my two plants. This is a cutting from the same plant I pictured above. I have two pots and the other one that is just a few feet away but shaded by a shrub is much greener than this one and there is no blush. Also, the blush isn't always present. It came and went and came back again.

Thumbnail by Loretta_NJ
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the update. Very helpful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.