No refined carbs (sugar, wheat, flour etc) recipes or hints?

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Hi, I had a lap band 14 months ago and have lost 150 lbs, problem is as the time has gone by I've fallen back into bad habits and the weight loss is at a stand still and even going up and down by 5 lbs. This isn't acceptable to me so the DH and I have decided to try the Food Addicts diet. This means no sugars, sweeteners (except saccharine) no flours or processed/refined carbs. This pretty much leaves us with meat, low fat dairy's such as milk, buttermilk, yogurt and cottage cheese, fruits & veggies and condiments that contain no wheat, flours or sugars. Needless to say I'm not thrilled and after the first day already showing signs of a major withdrawal from carbs and sugars.

Has anyone done a similar diet? Ideas on recipes or things we can eat? I've listed below what we are allowed to have portion wise and a brief list of foods.

DAILY PORTIONS

Breakfast
1 fruit
1 protein
1 dairy
1 grain

Lunch/Dinner
1 protein
1 raw vegetable
1 cooked vegetable
1 starch or grain

Before Bed
1 fruit
1 dairy

Daily
1 fat

Daily Options
Spice 1 tablespoon
Condiments 1 ounce
Sweeteners 6 servings
Broth 1 cup
Note: Exclude sweeteners which contain dextrose, maltodextrose or polydextrose. This includes all packets. Saccharine and liquid saccharine can be used with this food plan. Read the warning on the label.
WOMEN’S PORTION SIZES
Protein 4 ounces, 2 eggs
Starch 1 cup
Vegetable 1 cup
Fruit 6 ounces
Dairy 1 cup
Cottage Cheese 1/2 cup
Oil 1 tablespoon

MEN’S PORTION SIZES
Protein 6 ounces (beef & pork 5 oz.)
3 eggs
Starch 1 cup
Vegetable 1 cup
Fruit 6 ounces
Dairy 1 cup
Cottage Cheese 1/2 cup
Oil 2 tablespoons
Note: Men may need to increase portion sizes to avoid rapid weight loss. Maintain balance between carbohydrate and protein when increasing portions.
Safe Food Choices

Meat, poultry, fish and eggs.
Fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables.
Legumes and beans.
All whole grains except wheat: amaranth, hulless barley, brown rice brown basmati rice, kasha (NOT Kashi), millet, steel cut oats, oat bran, oat groats, quinoa, rye, ryeberries, teff.
Dairy products including low fat milk, plain yogurt, cottage cheese and buttermilk.
Olive and canola oil.
Spices, check label for sugars and starches.
Condiments such as mustard, horseradish, vinegar and salsa.

This thread has 35 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!