So, What Have You Done for YOU Lately?

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I tend to spend most of my time working and seldom take time just for me. I do online sales and I take care of my mom and a sibling. I rarely take a day off, rarely go on vacation. This weekend, I'm taking a whole weekend off and will do only fun things--NO work!! Who wants to join me for a work-free weekend--two full days of taking care of no one but yourself, doing nothing but what you want to do, sleeping late or staying in bed all day and watching tv, taking a bubble bath, pursuing a hobby, going out to lunch with a friend, etc.

One of the best things we can do for the people we love and care for is take care of ourselves. Over the years, I've neglected my own self and suffered a lot of health problems as a result. Constant stress really stressed my body. I've made a resolution to handle stress better by learning to say "no", getting monthly professional massages, eating right, exercising, and taking time to have fun.

My weekend will actually start Fri afternoon, so I really get 2.5 days of selfish indulgences (wicked grin). I've cleared off my dining room table and will set up my oil painting supplies this evening. I've ordered some Bob Ross seascape instructional videos which should be here soon (today or tomorrow). I plan to pop one in the DVD player as soon as they arrive and start painting again. It's been about two years since I painted and I miss it. So this weekend I hope to complete a painting or two.

I may grab a friend and go see a movie sometime over the weekend. The weather has warmed up so I'll do my 3 mile walks each morning. I love those!

I don't know what else I'll do, but my whole weekend will be a revitalization of my soul--focusing on me and what I want to do. I've done all my chores so nothing will stand in my way.

Part of healthy living is reconnecting to our souls and balancing our lives. Many of us work and worry too much. We need time out to play sometimes to heal our bodies and spirits. So what are you going to do for YOU? Do you sneak away to a retreat? Do you go out dancing without your significant other? Do you take an art class? How do you keep your spirit healthy?

NancyAnn

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
This thread has 23 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!