DAILY PICS VOL. 275

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Things must be picking up...the threads seem to be moving a little faster now! Of course all those great new cameras and lenses people got over the holidays really help pick things up! The last thread was great. Now on to the new one!

But, if you would like to go back here is the link http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1068206/#new

I have not had many days good for taking photos so slim pickings for this start!

I just barely caught this White-breasted Nuthatch before it took off.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

I have really enjoyed this little Carolina Wren. It has been here at least once every day now looking for peanuts! Thank goodness the price on them came down so I can buy them for my feathered friends! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This Tufted Titmouse is almost just a silhouette it was so dark.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

They just have such an inquisitive expression that I love!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Juvenile Yellow-bellied Sapsucker. I would love to get an adult someday!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

last one......

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Great start Nanny. I just love the way the Carolina Wren, is sitting there. It seem very comfortable in your setting. Wish those little Nuthatch would show up, in the yard. We have them here, but just haven't found me yet, I guess. ;~(

The Goldfinches have been busy today, it's very cold out there.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

I'll have to keep an eye out, for my Sapsucker. Looks like everybody is getting them at this time.

Another A Goldfinch, he must be the lookout.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

A Downy Woodpecker, hiding.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Mourning Dove.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Marlton, NJ

Love the Nuthatch nanny! Thanks for starting the new thread!

Sweet Goldfinch burn! No sightings of the Redpoll's yet?

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Nanny, you sure started us off with a great photo! Your other birds are adorable. Love that sapsucker, hope you'll get more of that one!

Burn, cute finch photos and that downy is so cute trying to hide. I'm glad you're getting photos of the doves. Mine seem to be setting on branches too far from the camera.

A couple immature Bald Eagles were chasing each other yesterday, but they were too far away for very clear photos. I'm hoping that when the sky clears up they're return for more photo ops.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Oops, that was just one of the birds. Here they are together.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

From the previous thread:
burn_2007 - Nice Blue Jay capture.

2dCousinDave - that's a super pic of a Pliated woodpecker.

ducbucln - that Spotted Towhee is one sharp looking bird.

Wow, dellrose - I didn't realize that a Downy Woodpecker was so much smatter than a Hairy Wp.

pelletory - even through the window, that's a nice pic of a male Cardinal. He must have been real close.

From this thread:
nanny_56 - Thanks for starting the new thread. I've noticed the threads are running pretty fast, too. And you're right about a Tufted Titmouse having a nice expression.

burn_2007 - you seem to have more than your fair share of Goldfinches. I haven't seen one in a while.

ducbucln - nice snap of the two eagles. you must have been above them looking down.

Hack

Klamath River, CA

Dark-eyed Junco

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Love the goldfinches burn!
- Great panning shots ducbucln! Maybe one day I'll see one if I get far enough from the city...
Nice Junco shot!

Fem Cardinal today

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
South Hamilton, MA

fantastic flight photos

Burn, I was wondering about the redpolls too and the grosbeaks that you get. You sure seem to have the GF tho!

Oh to see eagles every day....

Nice adel & Watercan!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Pelle, no sign of the Redpolls yet, nor the Grosbeaks. Hoping this cold snap, will draw them in. Sure hope so anyway.
Thanks for your great comments, everyone. It's fun to see everybody contributions, even if it's through the window, cause that's how mine are mostly taken.;))

The Mourning Dove in my Birch tree.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Marlton, NJ

Duc, Great pic of the 2 Eagles!

Adel, Sweet looking Junco!

WC, Lovely Cardinal!

Burn, Love the Dove on the beautiful birch tree!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Oh Nanny, I would have added your name to my answer above. But you were faster then I was.
I saw the Hairy WP this afternoon after a long absent. but my pictures are still on the card, So instead I'll give you a Downy.

Edited to correct spelling.

This message was edited Jan 12, 2010 8:57 PM

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks Pelle
My Black-capped Chickadee, with a mouth full.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

I love the expression on this Goldfinch.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Stafford County, VA

Duc, love the two eagles shot. Here is your waxwing pic from the last thread. I blurred the background. What do you think?

Thumbnail by 2dCousinDave
Sandusky, OH

Thanks for the new thread Nanny! Nice shots all! Some sunshine for next couple of days yeeee-haw!

Visited Old Woman's Creek this past Sunday, and there were about 6 Bald Eagle's around. I was using a preset len's 500mm. I need a lot of light to get any decent shot's from the lens. These shots are at about 500yds and are not that great.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

no.2

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

no.3

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Last one of the Eagle's.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Couple shots from the yard. Crow

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Red-breasted Nuthatch

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Lastly a Cardinal.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Marlton, NJ

Nice shots Burd!

Melbourne, FL

Love the Eagle shots. They are such a joy to see!

Norman, OK

Some waterfowl shots from Hackberry Flat, SW OK.

A large flock of Canadas with some snows, Cacklling Geese, Greater-whitefronted Geese and Ross'.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Norman, OK

Waterfowl on a lake at Hackberry Flat. Lots of ducks and geese. And lots of hawks looking for an easy meal.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Adel, your junco looks adorable in that natural setting. It's beautiful.

Watercan, beautiful cardinal too.

Burn, most of my photos are through the window too! Your dove is so sweet looking with the beautiful Birch tree. Your downy, chickadee and finch are adorable.

Dave, that really makes the photo much better-thanks. I need to practice with my settings more!

Burd, you did great on the eagle shots. Most of mine aren't that clear because of my smaller lens. That nuthatch is beautiful!

Red, great photos. I bet they sure were noisy!

Here's another Spotted Towhee.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

This Ruby crowned Kinglet was moving fast.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

A Dark Eyed Junco that had just left the suet feeder.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Great start Nanny...thanks for the new thread!

It is a real pleasure to see the great variety of birds here.

A Bald Eagle landed in the fence row this morning...here is a long distance shot that I was very happy to get!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

An Eastern Meadowlark landed not far from me.

Thumbnail by dellrose

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.