I'd like a needle info thread!

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Good heavens! You would think, because I've been sewing since 1970 or so, that buying sewing machine needles would be easy. But surprise...I got a small education today by a couple of ladies that apparently sew alot.

I've had a stash of needles for a quite a few years and only recently started running out. They were Singer, I didn't even see Singer. So..I usualy use 11, only to find there are hardly any 11 now..lot of 10 and 12. So I asked a couple of ladies about that...and that lead to sharp ones and dull ones, which ones were better. They recommended top stitch but Joanns didn't have any, so they said to get the sharp, and I think I got size 10...the brand was schmetz. Said never buy universal, they are dull.

So...I was wondering: Do you have a brand you prefer..do you buy local or mail order and from where. What "kind" do you use. I know everyone is going to have a different answer! But I'm ready, just wanted your thoughts on sewing machine needles.

Thanks! tish

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!