June "Rendezvous" in Montana. A Soferdig welcome.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

June in Montana is the perfect place to be. WE WILL BE MEETING ON JUNE 18-21ST and anyone wanting to stay longer is welcome. Perfect warm days and cool nights. The skies are painted pastel pink in the morning with the rising sun before 5 am. The echo of coyotes scampering home to sleep is over sewn by the grunts of Elk as they lay down to rest. The azure blue skies morph into cumulus clouds forming the shape of last night's dreams. Meadow lark choruses thrill your mind as you partake of the early morning coffee which adds it's enticement of the days events. Our home awakes to multiple souls gathering to plan our hikes, garden visits, lake adventures, glacier climbs, hay rides, nurseries visits, and many creative memories of Montana's wilderness. Campers and RVs vibrate with breakfast activities around our 3 acres of my garden. Aroma of the pines and firs fill our air with the wealth of being alive.........Revelry occuring throughout the day................... Evening fire calls us together to share our precious day as the sun burns a russet orange sky sizzling into the mountain peaks to the west. Do I see smoke as it descends into the forest crest? No, only fiery cirrus clouds glowing in this magnificent moment. We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1042646/

This message was edited Jan 11, 2010 8:00 PM

This message was edited Jan 11, 2010 8:01 PM

This message was edited Jan 11, 2010 8:50 PM

This message was edited Jan 15, 2010 5:51 PM

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

But no revelry sigh. I'm not coming if there is no revelry :( Although the grunting elks are very enticing.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Oooh, I want to be part of the revelry at the rendezvous. Sounds very very fun. No cameras permitted after 9 p.m. and the music comes on, right?

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

At 9 pm in June we haven't seen the sun set yet. It sets about 9:30pm. So no cameras but the wine and beer induced REVELRY will cause a "glow" throughout the night.
Our property is surrounded by aver 100 captive Elk. So everyone will see the Elk with their velvet antlers soft red in the setting sun. I suggest cameras for that.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

I had planned to be there but am bowing out. Among other things, I simply do not have the stomach for beaver-trapping tales -- or anything to do with killing, fishing, hunting or traps or guns. I would be a fish out of water!!! (And we all know how much i love water.)

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Eeek - I'm hoping there wouldn't be much discussing of that if I was around, either. Is somebody going to tell beaver-trapping tales?

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Sofer, I think you are scaring everyone. ;-)

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Rendezvous - 1 a : a place appointed for assembling or meeting b : a place of popular resort
Stories of beaver never came with me. I think Summer who we know is not a fish is a beaver who fell into the water. LOL

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Excellent. We'll just get some awesome wildlife pictures!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Sorry, don't want to see Summer's beaver. Or anyone's.. LOL Ok, I will shut up and go to bed now. My bad.

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Lynn you are soooo bad!

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Sofer, I am very much looking forward to the chance to explore your part of the world and enjoying the glow of the revelry! The elk will be a cool bonus.... do they bugle that time of the season? That is one of my favorite camping noises.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Sometimes I just can't help myself. That was a too good of an opportunity for me to ignore.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I am sayin NOTHING. Just smiling an innocent smile.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

hmmmm. as usual....

I do believe that advancing revelry is guaranteed by the host.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

and dancing and maybe dancing with elks. Is anyone making movies? 'Dancing With Elks' has a nice ring methinks.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

dancing with anything sounds good right about now.
Combined warmth & dry tends to produce heightened states of revelry.
I have it on good authority that Elks revel well.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

No bugeling until end of August so elk not having any passion are kind of boring in June. When the rut starts it is quite a battle, love, and pursuit of pleasure and lots of dancing then. So we will have to revel at our house. Lets see aren't we at the Summer Solstice. So I think we shall have a Solstice party around the fire. Lets see a hay ride up the mountains with a bonfire at the house later. I need to get a hay wagon. Must put that on my list. I was planning of seceretly filming the rendezvous and calling the movie "Salient Days of June". We all will have the moments of the days here as background for a decent into madness. The plot develops when a gardener travels to a far place where her previous life is interrupted with transient global amnesia. This leads into a buying mania that plants of every kind are purchaced, seeds are collected and plans of a massive garden replant bring her into a blissfull transition. Then upon returning with her plants is lost only to have a balcony in her Belletown condo.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

cool! I shall be the subtle cool chic in the background in her red satin jammies.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

This has great promise. Definitely needs the title Dances with Elk though.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

sounds like decadent dark chocolate brownies will be in order.
Dancing with Elks & Dahlia shall lead...

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Decadent revelry at the elk rendezvous. Do we know how to plan a summer solstice party or what?

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Steve, could you please edit the top of this thread to include the dates once again? I have been negligent in updating my 2010 calendar and am too lazy to search back and find them once again in the previous thread..

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I went to a fall equinox party in Tonasket WA and everyone brought musical items to play while dancing (clothed or not) around a big bon-fire. I took a castenetts, my friend a Jews harp, and many had drums. The drums started and as it always does the rythym of the drums met to form the pace. We were all dressed in hippie clothes and I wore a dred lock wool hat and blue jean jacket with a large hunting knife hanging off my belt. Much herbal tobacco was used there. Dancing was the activity and drums and instruments were played while dancing. Picante can lead us in Bossa Nova or what ever. Being that it will be Summer solstice we my just want to wear tie-dyed tee shirts and Reynolds wrap hat wear. Blue jeans and jackets.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm wearing my new red cowboy hat. This is necessary to bond with the free ranging Angus cattle which insist on hanging about on the road when you enter MT. "Get along little doggie" is more convincing if you're wearing a red cowboy hat. Also it matches my roadster ^_^ ps cows are unpushable. Been there/done that. They also laugh at horn beeps. Gary Larson was SO right about cows.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Steve - glad to see that you added wearing jeans & jackets to the proscibed uniform. Otherwise this event could have been aptly named "dancing with cold-butts in MT"

Dahlia, we need a picture of you dancing in your red cowboy hat. Please oblige!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

No I think you mean cold-Butte MT, Kayte.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

ok, that works!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

This may have been mentioned in one of the posts above, but I just noticed when putting this event on my calendar that we'll be there over Father's Day. You know what this means - all the dads have to bbq for the rest of us! :)

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Gwendalou, what a good discovery!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

The traditions of Fathers working on fathers day is unknown to me. I'll google Mother's day and follow those traditions in our get together.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Sofer, you have been missing out on great Father's Day traditions if you did not know fathers work on that day...

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I have been lavished with gifts of kindness, foot massages, back scratches, and my dogs lick my face but that has all been in the reclining position on my warm grassy lawn. Karen stands respectfully behind waiting for my every command to make me filled with the joy that she recieves from me daily. (HEY GET AWAY FROM ME YOU, I KNOW YOU ARE TRYING TO KILL ME. GET BACK) Now where were we. Yes I have her pluck my favorite flowers and put them on the cooler full of expensive..........

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Oh my, you should be careful about typing when you are dreaming...

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

On Mother's Day, women enjoy breakfast in bed prepared by the fam, flowers, candy, and a scrumptious dinner prepared by someone else. On Father's Day, dads everywhere get to bbq dinner for their loving families. That's how it's always been. It's tradition and we don't want to mess with tradition!

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Ack.

We won't be able to come. :( Tracy's son's birthday is the 21st, and we always do a big family gathering for that and Father's day on that weekend.

(Judi)Portland, OR

I will be going to my parents' home that weekend for Fathers' Day - my Dad is 93! And sharp as a tack - he does the NY Times crossword in ink.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

It sounds like I will have room to stretch out now. We are patiently waiting for the ground to thaw so I can get to my next project. We have been frozen since Oct 4th when the cold wave (-5f) hit us. Usually I can work in the garden until early December and start up in March. Not this year. Oh well I am still alive. The rest of you coming keep planning on fun.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

OK its time to crank up the forum. I have been busy in the garden and my wife is vaccuming all of our rocks, sweeping the trees, dusting off the bark, washing the grass, and a sundry of other things. We are still ready to recieve you on the June 18 - 21st for anyone wanting to come. We have lots of room for camping 2 bedrooms and a suite in the basement with lots of sleeping room. Our garden is coming alive this day with leaves popping open, perenials popping up and cats dogs and chickens pooping down. Get your calendar ready for the fun time in the beautiful Flathead. The palm trees are setting their coconuts and the surf is perfect for surfing...... Ooops wrong lake anyway Flathead is beautiful and the weather today and several days is warm and wonderful.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I'm looking forward to this event. Joey has to work, so I might share a ride with Sharon and Julie.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.