CLOSED: Anyone have seeds for this plant??

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2017/

Easter egg plant, just looks like fun to grow..

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

If you are not able to find someone you can buy them from someone that has them posted for sale under the Marketplace, you may already know this but if not.

Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

I have some, d-mail me your address. Also has a few albutilon ( summer sherbert ).

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

I can dig around and see if I still have some. Two of the pictures on the PF page are from my garden. If not, I got them through Park Seeds, and they were very easy to grow. I put them right by my front walk, as a conversation starter.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I never heard of this plant before. Can you dry the "eggs" like gourds?

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

That's what I did, just picked the eggs off after the first hard frost and put them in a jar to dry. They aren't hard like gourds, however, and the "skin" shrivelled up. (They are actually in the eggplant family.) I never got around to planting any last year, to see if the seeds were viable. I'll have to make a point of trying it this year, if I can find them!

Angie

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Too bad, they would be fun for an egg tree.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I have some seeds here somewhere, if I did not send all out, which I am pretty sure I did not.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Believe it or not .. I actually saw an "easter egg plant kit" at the Dollar General Store the other day! If you have one there check it out.

X

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I found them, but they are probably 2 years old or 18mo....??? don't know how they would do. I had a plant once I bought in this outback nursery on the way to Phoenix, just past the California border, and it died. I don't know why? So I never planted them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.