My first baby Scorpioide babies!

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

These are about 1/8" tall right now. I have 12 in a small lunch meat tub.

Thumbnail by tommyr2006
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Complete with tiny DEWDROPS, How beautiful.
Congratulations on your new babies.

They look great Tommy! Congrats!

How long did it take for them to germinate? What kind of lights? Tell us newbies what you did. :) I like the idea of a lunch meat container. I haven't tried using those yet.

Yes, please. I have some new seed to sow.
Can I put them in my aquarium?

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Seray and all,
They took about 15 days to germinate. I covered the tub with another clear tub to make a mini greenhouse until I noticed them sprouting, then I removed the top tub. Light is a single T5 fixture a few inches (about 3) above the soil.

Here is a pic:

Thumbnail by tommyr2006

Is that a pitcher plant way back there on the left???
I am so envieious of you. I hope mine make it.

Thanks Tommy! The picture is great.

Once you see the sprouts you're removing the top and just keeping them moist? I think I see green on Darlingtonia seeds I've been stratifying. I potted them up and put the pot and water tray in a plastic bag to keep the humidity up. Now I'm second guessing myself. They're in a cool garage and I'll move the lights closer. Maybe open the bag. :) If I can grow them up they're yours. You're the only northern CP'er on here that I know. Too hot this far south but wanted to see one growing. It's a long shot. LOL

Rides, yes, that's a Nep. Truncata. It's now in a West pitcher window.

Seray - Yes, they are sitting in a shallow tray of rainwater about one quarter inch deep.
I ALSO have Darlingtonia California seeds going, so far I'm not sure they are sprouting yet. Time will tell! My first attempt at growing them. Keep they roots on the cool side, they like that I have learned.

LOVE this stuff! In 3 1/2 years I'll retire and have a LOT more time to have more gardening fun!!!

I have some little pitcher plant seed, I keep looking for little green signs of life.
Nothing yet. I hope they sprout.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.