The subject is flowering vines

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I am searching for a couple of new flowering vines for this spring. Have three in mind and wanted to know if anyone has experience with any of these or could recommend a similar one that you like. First is a dutch honeysuckle, Lonicera serotina Florida. The other two are clems 'Perle d' Azur' and 'Prince Charles'. Any input would be appreciated .

Thumbnail by ngam
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I have 'Serotina', not 'Serotina Florida'. If they're similar, you will love it. Spectacular vine.

I have both clems, but only for two years so they are not advanced enough to get a real good idea of the growth. The color of both is very nice.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I think the honeysuckle is the same and goes by both names. It is fragrant isn't it? Also have seen various accounts of the size of the honeysuckle. I am glad the two clems have a nice color. Pics I have seen are all very different from purple to all shades of blue. How would you describe them?

Yes, it's fragrant - but not as strong as wild honeysuckle. Great berries as well.

I'll look for pics of the clems. I think the Charles was more blue.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Victor it is always good to have a first hand report.

Here's Perle from July. Can't say for sure if this color is true. Blues and purples are always a pain.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Thanks again Victor, I think these will work well. I am hoping the 'Prince Charles' clem is more of a blue than purple as you said, but a good plant is most important.

I could not find a pic of that one.

So much variation. That's why I wanted to see if I had a pic.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Drives ya nuts doesn't it. Some very blue, some lavender, some light, some dark. Well anything in that range will be pretty I think. Thanks for the help guys. If I get them and they bloom, I will post a pic as close as I can get to actual color. The list keeps growing. :)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I was going to say that all the pictures are pretty so it wouldn't matter to me what shade it turned out! ^_^

True.

Pat - this thread title sounds like a game show category!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

LOL ....and the answer is....all of the above. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.