NJ Flower and Garden Show (Feb 18-21, 2010)

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Has anybody attended the NJ Flower and Garden Show in the past? Any attendees this year?

I'm planning to go but I just want to know what to expect. Are there going to be flower/plant vendors displaying their offerings for the year?

I read most of the displays will be that of the NJ Garden Club and vendors/representatives for gardening supplies, equipments, tractors, lawn mowers, and such that targets landscapers and municipalities/townships as attendees. Just want to know if it's worth going to for individual gardeners like us.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Is that the one in Edison?

If it is Allison(Onewish1) went last year. There are pics somewhere...I'll look.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ugh DG's forum search function is down.

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Flowerjen - Thanks for the information. I was able to locate her (Allison's) thread. And thank you Allison for posting the link to your album for the flower show.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/952796/

Very interesting indeed, and I'll definitely be going unless something comes-up otherwise.

And Jen - Yes, it's the one in Edison.

This message was edited Jan 8, 2010 1:19 AM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Michele & I are going to either Philly or Edison.. weather pending!!!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I want to be going to one or the other too.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Unless something happens will be going with my friend on Friday morning.

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

NJ's very own Peony's Envy will be there. I wonder if they will have peony tubers for sale. I don't see Forever Flowers listed in the Market Place this year. I was looking forward to buy their preservative solution.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I don't know for sure yet, but I was thinking of going to Edison and Philly. Philly is pretty much a sure thing for us since we retired. Ric

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Going tomorrow morning if I get up in time.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

doesn't look like I am going to make it.. still sick

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I'm not making it either. Too disorganized.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ok well I didn't get up in enough time to get up there, walk around and be back in time for my son's bus...NUTS.
I have to go food shopping anyway.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I don't know if I'm taking a 31/2 hour drive unless someone says it's a good show. Besides driving in Jersey makes me want to play a "Star Wars" sound track. I drove truck there when they called Route 31 the "Ho Chi Min", and commuters had bumper stickers that said "Pray for me I drive 31". I made 2 trips a day from Trenton to the med center in Flemington, and 2 trips a day to the Philly mid-town Sheraton. From Help to high water! LOL Ric

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

eh Rt31 is a piece of cake, try rt46, or rt4 or rt3 or rt 18 during rush hour oh, how about??? but I digress......

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Route 17 beats them all Jen.. just taking your life in your hands

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Up where I lived near Clinton, is Deadman's Curve on Rt. 31. Lots of accidents there. The worst road I've driven on, hands down, is not in New Jersey, it's the Long Island Expressway, especially in Nassau County. The roads are tight and curvy and the drivers are INSANE.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.