What's in bloom today Part 9

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I thought I'd take the liberty of starting a new thread for the new year.

Continuing with Rosario, here's my plant from when I had it in Maine. I'd love to have it again!

Thumbnail by kniphofia

We came from here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1048498/

Ewing, VA

Bsharf...These Rosarios are 26-28 cm bulbs that are giving out 2-3 flower scapes /bulb.

Kniphofia...Go get another one. It should be available in EU. It is awesomely beautiful and very different flower form from the other cybisters. I love it's colors to..different shades of pink (Purple Red in the RHS color chart). The petals are also thicker than the other cybisters which would make it longer lasting.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ladson, SC

Very nice, I wish I had one.

Ewing, VA

Quito

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

formal shot

Thumbnail by mariava7
Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

just beautiful

Ewing, VA

pretty

Thumbnail by mariava7

I am fond of Rosario too.

Thumbnail by
Ewing, VA

I won't be a bit surprised. Rosario's got "IT" !!!

Thumbnail by mariava7
Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

love those wavy petals, gorgeous blooms

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

The second stalk is opening on Exotica. Here it is with Cymbium Maureen Carter.

Thumbnail by boojum

Bee's view.

Thumbnail by boojum
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

That really is the Bee's view!

Ewing, VA

Ahhhh....exotic Exotica! One of my all time favorites. Nice shots Boojum!!!

Now these are pics I took this afternoon. Finally we had some decent sunlight today and the snow is melting. Slowly we will be warming up a bit soon. Can't wait to feel 40F temps after weeks of 20s and teens.

Cool but cold Hippies! LOL!

All these years I finally got a very good shot of Red Pearl showing it's true color (no fixing needed). I guess all it needed was snow as background. LOL!

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Ever beautiful Piquant. A classic!

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

Now this is a newly acquired La Paz. It seems to have thinner petals than my older stocks of La Paz. A new clone???

Thumbnail by mariava7
Ewing, VA

And the true deal in my bedroom without the black cloth. Pic taken last week just before that Arctic blast came in.

Thumbnail by mariava7

Hope to have some of my new bulbs blooming soon if this crazy weather in Fl. ever settles down!!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

The cold has really slowed down the blooming of my new bulbs. They are in an unheated sunroom.
This is Tres Chic from Royal Colors. The bloom is small. I can't find any information about it. Reminds me of Full House, which so far, I haven't been able to obtain.
This bloom is about 5 inches or 12cm across.

This message was edited Jan 12, 2010 8:02 PM

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Pavlova from Eden Blooms. It is a tiny white double with a hint of green. I know that there has been quite a number of mislabeled bulbs from EB, so I hope this is actually what it is labelled. This bloom is about 4 inches or a little less than 11cm across.

This message was edited Jan 12, 2010 8:03 PM

Thumbnail by bsharf

Can you stick a hand into a pic for scale?

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Wow, Maria! Would love to wake up to see those hippies every morning!! What is the one in the upper left that is pale yellow with slight reddish striations? And the one nearest the window that is unopened with the large dark reddish buds? Very, very nice!

Bsharf, I like Tres Chic - very pretty. With the color pattern, it somewhat resembles a few different species.

I'm still waiting for blooms. :( I have 5 or 6 that I bought this season, but they are slow growing as I leave my hippies outside. I'll bring the new ones that are actively growing and have bloom stalks in overnight when we have freezes, but otherwise they stay outside.

Walmart has Ammie bulbs for 3.00. just generic white, red, pink, & red & white. Nice size bulbs in mesh bags.
Lorine

Just bought Estella. Wonder what it will really be.....

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Lowe's clearance special, I think it's red lion.

Thumbnail by Sunshinesw

Just bought a NOID white from HD about to bloom but it was rotting in the incredibly wet medium with a ton of water in the bottom of the shiny sleeve. So I ended up doing triage-repotting, peeling off the rot, and then 95% of the rotten roots fell off. So should I cut the stalk and stick it in water to de-stress the bulb? Oh and there is another bud down low and leaves are starting.

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Boojum, I would cut the flower stalk.

Pearl River, LA

I just wanted you to see my blooms for the week. They have been constantly in bloom since Nov. 21. I have never had plants that pleased me more. Here is my pretties of the week. They still have more buds forming. love it love it. shirleyt

Thumbnail by shirleyt

Orange Sovereign - absolutely love it!

Thumbnail by kniphofia

planted some old fasioned bulbs from a friend today. Mabe some of them will bloom this year!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Such pretties!

That Orange Sovereign is awesome.

Maria, that is a good shot of the color of Red Pearl. Here is how my Benfica comes out in a photo. Not even close.

Thumbnail by ardesia

Reds are so difficult to photograph!

Here is the HD NOID I bought with the rotting roots. It is repotted and I cut this stalk off and put it in a vase. Does anyone recognize it. It has nice reddish edges in places.

Thumbnail by boojum

In the vase.

Thumbnail by boojum
Ewing, VA

Intokazi...The South American clone.

That's a gorgeous white Boo!

Orange Sovereign is doing it's thing wonderfully, always makes me think of tomato soup!

Thumbnail by kniphofia

Thanks, Maria. Are they common?

Ewing, VA

Intokazi has been around for a while and according to Veronica Read, registered in 1977. Charles Barnhoorn did confirm to me in 2007 that Brazil does grow a different strain of Intokazi which is distinguished by those pinkish markings. The original clone is pure white.

Well it looks like my HD has a glut of them rotting in pots (GRRRRR!) as well as many Exoticas. They water them daily.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.