Anton Mego irises

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Terry Johnson who maintains the website Heritage Irises (a wonderful site!), emailed me today and told me he was showcasing some of the Anton Mego irises on his site.

I had never heard of this hybridizer. He is from Slovenia.

I just love these irises. Look at Zlatolaska!

And Terry's website is always a treat. If you haven't read some of his blogs on the site, do read some of the archived ones.

http://historiciris.blogspot.com/

Lebanon, OR

Thank you Polly

I really like Zlatolaska
and Bratislavan Prince, just wish they would register them in the AIS...

Will call Bruce F to see how mcuh

D

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Great idea Dee. You buy them and propagate them, and then I can buy them from you :) I would really like Zlatolaska.

Why would he not register them with the AIS? I can ask Terry to see if he would? Or you will mention it to Bruce Filardi? I don't know him.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I have not heard of him but what lovely Iris.

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Wow, Clotho's Web is awesome. Slovak Prince was hybridized by Anton Mego.

Slovac Prince

Thumbnail by Mshadow
Lebanon, OR

shadow I know that Mego has registered but as far as I know and can find out the ones that Bruce Filardi brought in last year are either not registered with AIS or not as yet.

I know at times I have to watch Biancos very closely because he will introduce before he registers and this causes some headaches.

I will ask Bruce, Polly

D

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I never even thought about them introducing before registering.

Thanks, Dee.

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

WOW, that Zlatolaska is gorgeous! Such marvelous colors in his flowers.

South Hamilton, MA

Interesting yellow edge on the standards of slovak prince.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Almost like it's been touched by gold.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow! Those are so lovely! Is it just me, or does he seem to have mastered extra fat falls on some of those? I LOVE that fullness of form! Subtly shaded standards combined with dramatically striped falls looks to be a theme in his work too.

Winnsboro, TX

Oh Yeah, those are some beautiful irises. I'd like to have them all. LOL I'm sure that they would be in a price range I could afford. (NOT)

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

No, but if Dee gets starts of them, and then propagates them to sell to us.......

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

That's thinking Polly.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Dee you are reading this aren't you so now you know what you MUST DO. LOL. We are all waiting.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Add me to that list too Dee. I'm not gonna be picky....I'll take them all*G*

P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.