my baby quilt incorporating cross stich designs

sydney (menai), Australia

It all started when I found out I was pregnant with another boy to my new husband. I already have two sons now 16 and 12 , but it was lovely to have another. I remember some peter rabbit outfits from when my eldest was a baby. As an avid bargain hunter, I noticed a finished cross stich at salvation army as well as the patterns for other cross stiches. They were all Peter Rabbit charaters. Unbelievably, more patterns came in over the next few weeks as well as the material, threads etc for other unrelated cross stiches, so very quickly i had several peter rabbit cross sitches. but what to do with them ???? We had already decided on a jungle theme for the nursery and wall hanging are dust collector anyway, so i hit upon the idea of stitching them together, and even though I have never made a quilt before, i sew a lot.
Anyhow, having had lots of fun driving material shops crazy buying 20 cm of lots of things as well as the ever reliable "thrift" shops, here's my effort.
The rectangular shape and size for each piece was dictated by the portrait shape of the cross stitch but this easily got me to a cot quilt of the correct dimensions.
I used wide blue ribbon to edge it to keep in the baby boy theme. The flower girl material I had left over from making their dresses is incorporated, and I used other printed peter rabbit material to make up more blocks

Thumbnail by mariannebags
This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!