Couple Canna pics to share

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Is summer here in Aus...and these are how a few are doing in pots.

This message was edited Jan 4, 2010 9:49 AM

Thumbnail by brical1

Constitution

Thumbnail by brical1

Seed grown

Thumbnail by brical1
Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Pretty color!
Roxanne

Here is another.This was seed grown also. No guessing what my favourite colour is lol!

Thumbnail by brical1
Houston, PA(Zone 6a)

Don't forget to save seeds!
Roxanne

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Very pretty. Thanks for sharing, all I see outside is snow LOL
Christine

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

I like the pink cannas, also :)
Very nice cannas and photos!

cullman, AL(Zone 7b)

last year i only had red and orange, oh and one yellow.. I didn't really know much about them but this year i have added pick and white to my collection.. just hope they look as nice as those pinks do.. there like a burst of bubblegum.. oh i cant wait for spring..
jen

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I'm not a big fan of pink flowers generally, but I love pink Cannas. I have a small "Pink Sunburst" that I anxiously await the blooms on each Spring.

Jen,
You should with any luck get one or 2 really nice pinks from the seeds I sent.

Here's another of Constitution...A wonderful U.S bred canna..

Thumbnail by brical1
cullman, AL(Zone 7b)

I had really good luck with seeds last year.. I only had red though as i didn't know they came in many colors.. I just nicked them with nail cutters soaked over night and most if not all came up.. I did a bunch so i didn't count them.. I read they were hard to start form seed so i tried all i had.. Who knew they would be so easy.. Hopefully i have the same luck and all mine this year come up.. Now just to get this snow to melt and bring on the sunshine...

First time seedling bloom.This opened the palest of pink but after day two has aged to a very pale creamy yellowish pink tone(not apricot).Hopefully as time goes by it will continue to get better,but I am very pleased with how it looks now. I call this one No3 as I have a few others from the same seed batch in bloom.

Thumbnail by brical1

This is how it looked for the first 2 days...palest of pink.

Thumbnail by brical1

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.