What I've been working on ..

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

OK, here is the quilt top I finally got together for my new daughter in law.. she asked for something with pink and brown (which I've never used for a combination before). The pattern blocks in itself weren't difficult, just trying to decide what kind of border to do. I started out making a sofa throw size, then ended up with something akin to a queen size. Didn't realize the green would stand out so much, otherwise I could have used maybe a light blue or the brown in place of.
Just got the borders with corner blocks finished last night, and have it basted together for finishing. The backing was 108" wide, a tan paisley print, so that gets attached in one piece...(hooray, no seaming).
It will be partially SID, and then knotted with pink/brown pearl cotton. It's pretty big to drag through my old machine and not twist something out of whack, but I'll attempt it.

Thumbnail by Kizmo
This thread has 48 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!