Congratulations to our own Polly

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

You made it into the top five in Garden Watchdog. How wonderful! Siberian Iris Gardens has such a wonderful reputation for ethical dealings, you deserve it. It is so nice to have one of our own make it into the top five. You are such an asset to our local iris society, I am so thankful that I got to meet you in person. I planted the seeds from Little Susie. They look like little sprouts. See you in the Spring.
Mittsy

Pink Frost

Thumbnail by mittsy
Lebanon, OR

Way to go Polly:)

D

Winnsboro, TX

Woo Hoo! You go girl. Stand Proud and tall of your accomplishments. That says tons for what all of us here on the iris forum already knew. Congrats Polly on a job well done!
Marian

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Congratulations Polly! Since the first time I ordered from you I knew you were one of the best. I was very happy with the size and quality of the plants you sent. You really deserve to be in the top 5.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you Mittsy!

Thanks everyone! I am so excited. I now get a 'banner' to put on my website, and I'm sure that will be a huge help for sales.

A lot of orders I got last year came through the Garden Watchdog. I have had 566 people look at my site on the Garden Watchdog, so to say it has been a help to my business is an understatement.

I thank the people on the iris forum that bought from me and left great feedback. I even had some people buy that had seen the Garden Watchdog reviews, and then sign up to leave their own reviews. I am truly blessed. And only one year since opening the business.

There are two categories for iris. Modern Iris and Species/ Historic. I am number one on Species/ Historic, and Dee is number one on Modern. I'm number three on Modern, and can you believe it, that stinkin Schreiners is between us, LOL. So Dee, congrats to you too! We're in great company. And Dee and I are now such great friends. This has worked out so wonderfully.

Thank you all so much. I so love you guys!

Lebanon, OR

Thank you Polly, I bow to you:)
I am too, thankfully to DG because of them and their members I became a good friend of Polly's:)
D

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Polly my dear friend I am so proud of you. You have worked so hard and are so deserving of this. You have put quality and ethics and pride in your work and it shows. I am just sitting here with a tear of happiness in my eye you little darlin. Wish you could feel the hug I am giving you.
Steph

I am dedicating this test JI garden to you Polly.

This message was edited Jan 2, 2010 9:05 PM

Thumbnail by rebloomnut
Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Great News, Polly. You are so hardworking, dedicated and generous!! Most of all, I'm so glad you are my friend and that you love beardless irises like me!!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Couldn't happen to a better person. Congratulations, Polly.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Fantastic Polly. This cements your business as one we can trust.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Clapping wildly

Way to go!

a

Tomah, WI

Congratulations! A position well deserved!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

You're a sweetie Dee.

Thank you Steph, you made me teary too, and of course I can feel the hug. I can't wait to see how those JIs do.

Thank you Mary, Jo Ann, and Anita. I so appreciate the comments. They mean a lot coming from you guys.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Boojum, my dear friend, thank you so much. My website is so enhanced by the pictures you have allowed me to use. You are a fantastic photographer, and I owe many of my sales to your lovely pictures.

I have been truly blessed by Boojum offering to let me use her pictures for my website. She is truly one of the best photographers around. On my website updated for this year there will also be pictures from another lovely lady on this forum, MShadow, another really fantastic photographer.

My own pictures are not horrible, but no where near the caliber of some of the people on this forum, and where else would you find people nice enough to just offer up pictures like that? No where.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thank you too, mattsmom!

Gosh, Polly! You make me blush. I am so happy to help your business and so glad you think I make a difference for you. I hope my new camera and cooperation from the weather this year adds up to even better pics!

Athens, PA

Oh Polly! Way to go! That is the best news!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Boojum, I know you made a difference as the top five irises I sold, four of them were your pictures. Almost embarrassing.

Thank you so much, Carolyn.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I want to thank Boojum too and I have also seen Mshadows photo's and they are beautiful. So glad you 2 are helping Polly.

Lebanon, OR

Hey if you have JI pictures and would allow me to use a few that would help also and of course you will receive credit and a gift of a plant, or some of the things I sew.

D

This message was edited Jan 3, 2010 2:13 PM

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

That is very nice of you Dee. Hope they have some for you.

I'll check your website, Dee, and see what you sell. My JIs are a mix of seedlings from hybridizers no one would have and mostly 3F ones. Last year wasn't a great year for them. Debby W keeps telling me that you have to move them every 3-4 years but I have them right where I want them, darn!

Winnsboro, TX

Well I must say I"m so proud of both Polly and Dee. These two ladies really make a difference here on the iris forum. I can also state that they send both huge and very healthy plants. I will be ordering more plants from them in the years to come provided they will take a check or money order.LOL I don't do Paypal or whatever it's called. They no doubt know how to make their customers very happy and repeat buyers.

Kuddos to the two of you and I can't wait to see where ya'll rate next year.
When will ya'lls websites be updated for this year? I'm ready to start looking, wishing, dreaming, and making my gotta have list for the year. Dee, I want one of those knew one's you shared the picture of with us the other day. It kind of looks like Ahoy but much bigger and prettier. Grin

Job well done my friends!
Marian

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I think Dees website will be updated soon. I definitely won't be until February. I sold out of so many last year I'm going to be short this year, but 2011 will be great with all I have lined out.

What would you give me for pics, Dee? LOL. Probably no one wants mine.

Lebanon, OR

something I do not have:)

Mine should be up by the end of Jan...as the bearded and all the other pages that go with it or general info is done, now working on the pictures of the beardless and the daylily sales page

D

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Ok Dee, now here's the problem. You and I don't have the same Japanese irises. I realize there are a ton of JIs, but it's amazing we don't have more of the same.

Anyhoo, the only two I have pictures of is Dino, and Flashing Koi. You're welcome to either of the pictures if you like them, or even if you don't you could use them until you get some of your own.

Dino

Thumbnail by pollyk
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Flashing Koi

Thumbnail by pollyk

Dee, looked at your JI list and as I said, not much that I have. BUT I have a few new ones on your list from Polly that will bloom in a year or two. I do have lots of sibs if you need those pics. I see a few pics that you don't have. Let me know. I think you take a mean pic of your own! here's Lee's blue a few years ago.

Thumbnail by boojum

MMMmmmmm. Love the shot of Dino, Polly!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks! I'm getting a little bit better with some help from the experts, ahem.

Winnsboro, TX

Ok Polly, I want a start of both of the above JI. I really need Flashing Koi to go by my Koi Pond, and the other one, well let's just say I want it because----- well just because it's so dog-gone pretty. LOL
I still don't know how they are going to do here. Either they will do fine with a little special care and attention of they will turn their nose up. At least I can TRY them and see what happens.
By the way, I think both of those pictures are breathtaking. Keep up the good work with the camera and the plants!
Marian

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Marian. You better see if yours come back OK, first. I'm still not so sure how they are going to do in your neck of the woods. I can't wait to see how they do.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

pollyK... I will be a bee back for sure this spring after receiving such superb rhizomes from your Siberian Iris Gardens and I am sure your numbers will just keep growing. Congrats to you and a hand to that fine photographer, Boojum. Patti

Lebanon, OR

Thank you Boojum and if you have Sib pictures that would be super as well. I was lucky in 08 a gentleman came out and took tons and tons of pictures of the same iris so after a while I got curious, come to find out he was a free lance photographer for National Geographs Mag and he asked if I had a digital camera and wanted some pointers, you can not believe how fast I got the camera. Then a friend who is on here, Anita Moran helped me alot as her pictures are killer!

Your pictures Polly of the above are great!

D

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Isn't it wonderful how our love of irises spills over into photography and sewing, keeps us young just trying to keep up with the new technology.

Was talking to someone that has a friend who grows bearded irises in Ft. Lauderdale. I didn't think it was possible but she insists it's so, rebloomers, too.

I lived in AZ and they grew beardeds there too!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Dee.

Anita was kind enough to give me some advice when looking for a new camera. We sure do have some great, and really helpful, photographers on here.

Thanks Patti. I probably should pay you for the privilege of having my irises in your gorgeous beds.

I had a customer contact me from Arizona, Boojum, wanting to know if she could grow the beardkess there. I kind of discouraged here. Maybe I shouldn't have.

Just to reassure you, I didn't see a single beardless but I did see foxgloves blooming in (I think) March. By end of April most tender flowers were done-too hot by then.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I didn't think it was a good idea, and the potential customer agreed. And their inspection is very stringent, can't have a speck of dirt on.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

A belated congrats Polly! An honor well deserved!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.