Happy New Year Everyone!

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

May you have a healthful and happy one

BB

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Happy New Year to everyone. Hope you all are well prepared for the cold weather in the teens...

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

When???? Tonight?

BB

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

I have been out of the DG loop for so long; lots of work. But I want to wish you all a Happy New Year. Yes, I saw it will be in high teens the next few mornings. Brrr. One of our outdoor outlets has broken -- noted only because the bird bath heaters isn't working.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Happy New Year! ^_^

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Happy New Year. Only going down in low 20's here for the next week!!! brrrrrr, I hate cold weather (former Florida girl) Well the cold will kill a lot of bugs,,,,

Elaine

Yep. Cold. My tented beds have been holding out, let's hope they keep it up. I've not been able to check them in two days (sick) - I want to get out there tomorrow and snoop. We've been eating fine out of the garden so far this way! The cold weather is excellent for germinating perennial seeds. I've got to get more winter sowing done!

Happy New Year Everyone!

girlgroupgirl

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi GGG, what do you use for tenting material? Becky

Becky, I just use sheet plastic from the hardware store. Not the thin stuff, but the thickest one you can find in the drop cloth section. The structure is all 3/4" PVC

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

6mil. I think is the thickest you can get.. It is over my greenhouse,,, with 2 small heaters .. hoping my lettuce and begonias,,, survive. As well as the goldfish who are hibernating in the pond.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Happy New Year everyone!

Yes, 6 mil. Do NOT get it from Harbor Freight. I ordered 6 mil from them as they advertised. They sent the thinnest stuff possible. Refused a return on it saying it was my own order mistake. I'm so mad at them. Waste of money. Last time I order a single thing from them (they screwed up royally on all my hubby and brothers holiday orders too!!)

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

GGG, I get stuff from Harbor Freight all the time, but never, ever via mail order. I go to the store in Lilburn so that I can see what I'm getting. Got a good deal on shade cloth and some soaker hoses. Some of the other stuff they advertised in their flier was pure junk. I've heard from some other people about their mail order not being up to par.

Don't know how I missed this thread, but happy new year to everyone! And thanks for the head's up! I've looked at that CO many times ... but will think twice now.
~Susan

I didn't know there is a Harbor Freight in Lilburn. We, Norcross High, swam against Dacula High just this morning. Had to drop my son off at the high school at 6:00am. Then I had to drive out to Collins Hill to time. I'm ready to go back to bed!

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

That sure was early to be out, and very cold too. You do need a nap. The HF in Lilburn is in a strip center at the corner of Indian Trail and US 29.

Here is the only thing blooming here...

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.