CLOSED: Have: LUPINES

Lindenhurst, NY

I have some of the most beautiful lupine seeds ever. They are from a woman in Montana.
I'm looking for named echinaceas I dont' have (purples and pinks only) I have pixie meadowbrite and magnus and 1 or 2 others I can't think of the names of right now.

Also will consider hollyhocks (not black or dk., burgandy or white or pale peachy/pink i have alreay) named or pic pls

Thumbnail by maureenpm00
Lindenhurst, NY

more pics

Thumbnail by maureenpm00
Lindenhurst, NY

another.

Thumbnail by maureenpm00
Lindenhurst, NY

more.

edited to say....i forgot the pic.

This message was edited Dec 30, 2009 11:03 PM

Lindenhurst, NY

another

Thumbnail by maureenpm00
Lindenhurst, NY

one more

Thumbnail by maureenpm00
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I got to have Lupines!!! I have hollyhocks red and and one package says pale/white yellow. I got them in trade. Or look at my have list and see if there is something there you would be interested in. I also have Black Cohosh seeds and Mayapple rootlings and bloodroot rootlings. I hope I have something for you as I would love to have some of your beautiful lupines. I've never seen those colors.

Lindenhurst, NY

hi marti001 - you have dmail:-)

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Unfortunately I know those Lupines won't grow here, but I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed looking at your photos. Stunning! :)

Lindenhurst, NY

Thanks Danita, I love these pics too. They are from a trader in Montana. Her Mom used to grow them and she continues to grow them now and she collects seeds and they come back and reseed every year too.

Danita, why won't they grow there? You are in Ga. and I'm in S.C. and I have the same zone as you and I have lupines.
Oh by the way they are beautiful. Do I have anything you would like for some?

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

I don't have anything on your want list but was wondering, do you save seeds each year? With any luck I may have hollyhock seeds next year & could do a trade then. I planted mine this year but they didn't do much so I'm just hopeing that next year will be better!

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

The only echinacea that I have is a NOID purple. Are you sure you don't want some tomato and pepper seeds? LOL I have Moringa Tree seeds. I also collected some Red NOID Hollyhock seeds at a friends house this fall.

Patti

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I have seeds for white with red bi-color hollyhock, malve zebrina hollyhock, yellow single hollyhock, double purple hollyhock, fuscia hollyhock or dark rose hollyhock...If any of those interest you I'd love to swap... Thanks

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

This message was edited Jan 2, 2010 7:37 PM

Orangeburg, SC

I have Chaters White HH, White swan Echinacea,Pink Parasol Ech. Creme De Cassis HH and a really frilly hot pink HH that I saved My seeds off of.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Those are really pretty flowers. I'll have to look into Lupines for my hillsides.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I have "cherry Brandy" Would love to try a few of those seeds of Lupine. My cousin sent me some from Anchrage, want some of those?? Purple I think she said.

Hey you guys, I just got the Thompson and Morgan seed catalog and it has soooo many different colored Lupines in it. The seed are only a couple dollars too. And they are offering 25.00 off with an order of 50.00 or more. I'm ordering!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh my gosh, Maureen, those are the most beautiful shots! Please enter them next year in the Calendar contest, especially that first one.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

They are beautiful pics.. Seems like I've seen them before.. Maybe she used them last year for trading also idk,or maybe in the photo threads..

Lindenhurst, NY

mekos - sent you a dmail.
dixielol - this is the first year I'm growing these lupine seeds. I have blue lupines i've been growing for a few years but i haven't saved seeds. I will be saving seeds from these lupines and will share as I get more. (If I remember correctly my lupines took 2 yrs to bloom?)

Patti1957n- i'm sending you a dmail

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

wow beautiful!!! never grown them. are they easy to start?

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

will these not grow in the south ? I was wondering ...they sure are beautiful !!!!

They grow here, I think I'm in the south. I heard someone say they don't grow there but I guess it's the location or soil or something but I'm in zone 7 and they are growing here every summer in the garden centers and all around.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

thanks , mekos! Glad to hear that !!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I would like to trade for some of your beautiful lupines! I have echinacea purpurea, classic purple coneflower. I just received some magnus and white swan in a trade. I can spare some.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

They are just beautiful! I'm curious to know from Danita why they won't grow in our zone. Danita knows her plants.

Orangeburg, SC

I got your seeds and just wanted to let you knw yours went out yesterday. Brandy...

Lindenhurst, NY

thanks Jumpin4Joy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.