Need to use grow light at work - what kind?

Downingtown, PA

Hi

I wanna grow some coleus cuttings at work at my desk, under lights. What kind of lights do I need ?

It has to be the regular reading lamp, so should I use white or yellow bulbs- how many watts? Can I use the energy saving small flourescent bulbs? ( I cant use tubes at work)

Thanks
Kris

Deland, FL(Zone 9a)

kris- I use tube lights-"full spectrum"
I'm sure some sort of grow light or sun lamp would work-probably the closer the better, unless the bulb gets hot

Thumbnail by GOODGREEN
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well Goodgreen, you had better put a guard on your coleus because I am on my way with my truck from Nevada, by air. I am reserve Air Force and me and my truck will arrive by parachute.

Stockholm, Sweden

Sharon - you are hilarious!!!!! :)))))

Deland, FL(Zone 9a)

sharon- I have several guards on duty--this is the day shift personnel

Thumbnail by GOODGREEN
Deland, FL(Zone 9a)

and this is the night shift-(off-duty, obviously)...............

Thumbnail by GOODGREEN
Downingtown, PA

Um...uh....Excuse me , for the regular reading lamp (with clip on , bendable arms etc) what kind of bulb should I use? - The filament kind?, White soft or natural light? or is the energy saving Fluorescent bulbs (not the tube kind but the small coiled ones)ok?

Anybody ?Appreciate your answers!
-- OP(kris)

Deland, FL(Zone 9a)

kris- for your application I would use an incandesent bulb thats called a "grow light" available at most hardware stores. It is a full spectrum of light waves not unlike the sun itself. I do not know if such a thing is available yet in the fluorescent (coiled type) bulbs. If you have the time, a good place to look is -1000 bulbs.com--if its a bulb, they will have it.........hope this helps

Kris, I might suggest a timer, also, so your plants will have the same every day, as compared to darkness when you're not there.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.