Making Headboard and Cornice Box

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I have been thinking about doing this for years, and i feel i just may get to this project this winter.

I found a DIY link to making padded cornices out of Foam Insulation Board... looks simple enough. And would do the headboard in the same manner. [and have to figure out how to attach it to the wall.]

The main question I have is... where my bed sits, between two windows... the width of the bed is exactly the width of the space between said windows. So the headboard will come to the edges of the windows on each side.... I just dont know if that would look stupid or not.

I plan to leave the walls the same color. I'm going to use the curtain panels to make the headboard and cornice boxes, and go with new Cream colored panels [looking at the black out / insulated ones, probably pocket rod type] I also plan to pull back the curtains in the same manner, to the sides, away from the bed.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!