Coffee Break #27 - Return of the light

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

my body aches all over - not looking forward to the next month of agony as i condition it to jogging again - was able to get on the elliptical for 30 minutes and went pretty hard - surprised myself - the worst will be the stiff lower back - need to do it though there is simply to much of me right now:)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

You poor thing, Bill. I can sympathize. I need to get into an exercise program myself.

Karen

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Karen they are not on the tour... I looked if I could nominate a house.. but I can't

Thomaston, CT

Oh, Bill, the joys of aging! You feel like that after jogging---I feel like that after walking!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

actually this happens to me every time i take a lay off from running - this one was due to knee problems though, not by choice. the good thing is my knee feels fine, of course maybe i do not notice it with everything else - tomorrow is a run day - first 1/2 mile will be torture:)

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

I went for a walk today with Dad and the dogs. First time I've walked down our street in ages. The dogs were happy, though Dad takes them walking just about every day. I think it's about 3/4 of a mile down the end of our street and back. Something like that, anyhow. Need to do that more. No jogging here. Never did like jogging. I actually used to be in very good shape in my 20s and early 30s, then broke my ankle and got arthritis. It was downhill from there, though gradually. I could get back in shape if I really put my mind to it. I used to do lots and lots of hiking, horseback riding and bicycling. Walking, too. Been a long time since I've done any hiking or biking.

Karen

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Been saying all week my Jets would kill the Colts' perfect season and it looks like they will. But they will probably lose next week and not make the playoffs.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm surprised the Colts didn't play their first string. It did make for some good laughs.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i only a win in the standings - the jv was in the second half

jets are at home - no home field advantage?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cousin Nut we are looking for a snowbird propery. We have looked around Las Cruces NM and now we are looking around Green Vally and Rio Rico, then communities around Tucson and around Phoenix. Queen's Creek is one area that we are checking out. What's it like? We will need to be near an airport for when we are older and can't drive all the way. No jogging here; smashing golf balls instead ^_^ Now if I could only putt :(

Home field advantage is often trumped by Jet jinx.

So apparently Van Gogh cut off his ear because his brother was getting married! (Wonder what the brother cut off.)

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Go back to your corner Victor!

Holding one ear?

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

"Wonder of the schizo hibiscus hears voices."
"Holding one ear?"

Hmmmm.....Victor....there seems to be a recurrent theme in your posts today---would you like to talk about that?

Eh????

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Nevermind...you apparently aren't hEARing me! ^_^

Hee hee. ^_^

Thomaston, CT

Well, the Jets' destiny is up to them now. Karen, walking is good exercise----not too much strain on the joints---unless the dogs pull like mine! Dnut---good luck with your search.

That's what I'm afraid of, Robin!!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Marilyn, no, my dog is good at not pulling when I walk her. I do like to walk.

Cousin Nut, Queen's Creek is a very nice area. Didn't get over there much, but I've seen it when working at delivering auto parts, as I used to deliver to a garage out there. I always liked the longer runs.

Karen

Can you believe that when I requested not to receive any more print catalogs from Wayside, they agreed, but said it could take up to 'six months before the information is finally purged from our files.' You gotta be kidding!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Dahlia - how exciting to be in the hunt for the perfect Snowbirderie Lodge. We had a good time searching many years ago for our southern nest. Good luck! Are you a good golfer?....other than the putting problem. LOL

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I got a new camcorder for christmas... I took a few new videos & added the music track to them .. can hear the music better now.. only got to 4 songs so far

http://www.youtube.com/user/onewish1nj71#p/u

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

youtube blocked this one.. I put it on picasa.. guess they don't like religious songs

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/VR3YmyPn9EG8AEA-BnkXLQ?feat=directlink

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

DonnieB I play boogie golf (one over par) when I play all the time and the putting thing is working. Gardening usually wins out over golfing though.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

from the ladies tees or the whites?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Red tees of coursely! I'm taking every advantage I can get! In tournaments I have to play from the whites though.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

just checking:)

went for my second jog yesterday and made it all the way around, 3.2 miles - went very slow intentionally - this is a case of surviving right now - at least 7 minutes slower than normal - most painful is not the lower back it is my shins, hurts every step of the way - the last half mile is slightly up hill (i rotate directions each time out) and count telephone polls, moan loudly and the occasional 4 letter word passes my lips, definitely a R rated crawl - last night i was walking like a emperor penguin - tomorrow is the next on day and it will be mind over body pain and I will tackle the steep hill at the end with the associated complaints passing through my lips:)

feels good though, can't loss 10 pds fast enough:)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Dahlia dear we have a good number of Canadians that winter down here in Florida. I do not remember where but here is a whole lot of web sites for Canadian snow birds.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=bfg&q=canadians+in+florida&ei=UTF-8

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Wha have you thought about going with a bike. I have bad knees and back and the bike has keep me out of a wheelchair. Besides it helps keep the Demon child tired out. Thought at 39 degrees out there I might wait until it warms up some. That is cold for us. LOL

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

have tried biking from time to time not big with me - i was a sprinter in high school and college - have always run, stopped occasionally and come back. now i do not chase the stop watch like a use to - a nice jog at 7 to 8 mph is good enough - it takes a little time for the body to get use to carrying the weight and i try to stay on dirt as much as possible - this past time it did not hurt as much as the first time - it gets better everytime out.

i am also not starting from scratch - i do 30 minutes on the elliptical 5 to 6 times a week and i go hard, push ups and some weights, as well as 20 minutes of abs 5 days a week - i do those year round - the six weeks off after the rooster cartilage shot for my knee, love of beer(s), and holiday feasts just caught up to me.

After two weeks of every other day jogging I will increase it to 5 - 6 days/wk - push-ups/weights/ jog in the morning and elliptical/abs in the early evening, stay off the premium ale and revert to bud light for a couple months and all will be fine.

i know this is not for everyone - its just what i like to do.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

What great dedication wha. You'll probably outlive us all:-)

Thomaston, CT

Or die trying! Just kidding! Dnut, I used to golf before hip surgery---I miss it terribly, but cannot make the whole swing through anymore----I was not in your league though----just puttered along enjoying the scenery.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

don't know about that - family has a history of heart problems and diabetes - younger brother is 5'9" x 5'9" if he fell down a steep hill cars would move out of the way by themselves, sister could stand loss 25 pounds if not more - just like to be in shape to reduce the risk of those problems - and i am nuts:)

plan to go like this as long as i can - bbrook's hubby is still playing hockey are 62 i think, would like to be doing the same.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

E, my Dad, had to give up golf do to hip and knee surgerys RD. We joke that that is a down side to going bionic ^_^ wha when is nap time? Rigerous routines need nap times.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

do not like to nap - need about 6/7 hours a night and i'm good to go - almost went victor with this response:)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Tee hee. I need exactly 7 hour long sleep when idling. 7 hours long sleep + nap when labourious.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I'm worn out just reading about your exercise routine Bill. Gardening is my exercise. Pack it on in the winter and try to dump the pounds by the next fall and start over again. It gets harder to do every year lately.
Onewish, nice job on the Christmas videos.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.