birdhouseguy, Elkton, Mi. welcome to Daves Garden.

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello, and welcome to the best garden web site on the web. Hope you enjoy it here..Information, on everything..from plants, and everything you can think of. Just jump right in. Tell us about your garden. Share your wisdom, and meet nice people. Everyone is great. Again welcome..This is the Michigan forum. Come often. Questions..just post and someone will come by and help you out. It is a big place.. Enjoy.

smiles..Diana...

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome! Let me guess...........I bet you make birdhouses!! Welcome to Daves and to the Michigan forum. Tell us about your garden.

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

welcome hope you have a merry Christmas and a wonderful new year be sure to let us know how you sent the new year ;0)
Gloria

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome, Welcome ^_^

Dearborn, MI

I would also like to welcome you to Daves Garden. What kind of gardening is your favorite?

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

Hello from western michigan! we farm here, grow crops and do flowers and evergreen gardening.
i try to grow roses.
I am starting from scratch.
Sheri

Elkton, MI(Zone 5b)

Lets see If I have this forum figured out. I have quite a large vegetable garden. Tomatoes, with the help of Nancy, tested 32 different varieties last year, narrowed down to about 10 that we liked best. My favorites are Kelloggs Breakfast and Julia Child. Tried several different melons and squash, but due to the cold spring and early summer, success was not in the cards. Will try again this year. Also potatoes were big in the garden, good crop this year. 2 new cherries and 2 new grape vines were planted. Many different perenial flowers, ( I am fortunate to have a free source that brings all sorts of different things, Gonna have to dig a new large bed this year). Any way thanks to all for the greeting, hope to talk to all again soon, Thanks Birdhouseguy P.S. Yes I build my own bird houses and feeders.

Dearborn, MI

You didn't mention those awesome sweet potatoes you grew--in the northern part of the thumb, nonetheless.

Elkton, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh yeah Nancy! AND they were so good on Christmas day, how could I forget! For all out there, don't let anyone tell you you can't grow sweet potatoes. Started them from transplants, used a variety called Beauregard. Planted June 1st, harvested the 20th of sept.. Not bad for the thumb of Michigan!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

tomatoes are one of the thing i grow tons of-40 or so kinds every year
20 or more kinds of peppers!!!
this coming year-cilantro and lots of it!!!!!

welcome to the site-sorry im late-holidaze and sick grandbabies and then the FLU!!!!!

Elkton, MI(Zone 5b)

NOTMARTHA: What varieties are you growing this year? SOME of the different varieties that I'm growing, (mostly heirlooms) include, Parks Beefy Boy, Supersonic, Brandy Boy, Jet Star, Green Doctor, Vorlon, KBX (Kelloggs Breakfast Type), Santa Clara Canner, Momotaro, Lithuanian, New Big Dwarf, Rose de Berne, To name a few. Hope the weather co-operates this year!

Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

Hi, birdhouseguy, and welcome. I'm late with the welcome, but I am glad to see you here. I grow daylilies in Bad Axe. No room left for veggies except for a couple tomatoes in and Earthbox. I hope I can come and see your garden this summer.

Elkton, MI(Zone 5b)

any time Dorothian, if you time it right you might just take a few home with you.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

last yr i grew all kinds
from the blueberry ones to the green zebras and anything else i could
get my hands on!
purple cherokee
wild cherrry
kellogs
german pink
strawberry shaped ones
4th of july
and many more i cant think of!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread