December 21st, 2009: Canna Lily 'Robert Kemp' (Canna x generalis) by onewish1

The Bloom of the Day for December 21st, 2009 was Canna Lily 'Robert Kemp' (Canna x generalis).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2009-12-21

Wonderful shot of the Canna and it's visitor, onewish1.
Brightened my evening!

Hamilton, OH

Dave
that is just Georgeous, the Bloom & the hummingbird, I just love it, thank you for posting it

Elizabeth

We sure do have some talented photographers here. I especially like the tomato leaf in the foreground.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh boy what a nice surprise.... thanks all.. Dave the chipmunks planted that tomato seed... I figured they could have that plant and left it there

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Hard to beat this photo! I just love it. Beautiful Onewish!

Freedom, CA(Zone 9b)

I second GardenGuyKin, this photo just made my evening! I love hummingbirds and you captured this one wonderfully. And the stunning red canna flowers are such a great contrast to her.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you.. here is another taken at the same time

Thumbnail by onewish1

Love it!
I keep increasing my cannas in the garden just for this reason. Hummers just love them and canna is so easy to grow from seed and bloom the first year.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you Kin

(Zone 1)

onewish1: A Double Wow for your bloom of the day photo! That's a great shot of the Canna blooms ... and getting to see the Hummer makes for a double delight!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

nice allison:)

Cupertino, CA(Zone 9a)

Just Beautiful :)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.