The boys arrive in Winnipeg..errr Calgary - yeah, that's it!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Arrived home from church, & mega shopping, to find the boys resting against my door, patiently waiting.
Of course our moose & bear hides kept them warm, but Dave's skin........ well, suffice to say he was not happy in -10 weather. I didn't think he Knew those words he shivered out LOL Even wrapped in bubble wrap and between the other boys (Thank you, Dorothy, for wrapping them just that way, so Dave was kept warm as he could be. Well, they're nice and toasty now.

As soon as I can, I'll post pics. We're off to the Choir Christmas sing-along tonight, and I'll take them with me. I'm sure they'll enjoy visiting with other Calgarians!

♫♪~§usan~♪♫

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Here's a pic of the boys with the last of the gift baskets I've made - I'll distribute them tomorrow.

♫♪~§usan~♪♫

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Great to see the troop made it safe and sound to Calgary and into the warmth of Susan's home. Hope the beautiful baskets were still all in one piece when you got back from the sing along !!!!

~M~

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

hahahaha they were, cuz they were up HIGH, and I'd taken the boys to another room. They couldn't reach 'em! ^_^
I've read enuff of their antics to be vewwwwwwwy careful!!

Clever girl Susan !!!!

Enjoy the visit :-)

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

And they came from SK - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1063710/

Glad they arrived in Calgary.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Will post more pics tonight.
Spoke to Fancy (who gets them next) and I'll be passing them on to her on Sunday (I'll check her schedule to make sure) ^_^

♫♪~§usan~♪♫

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

that great cant wait to see the pics

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Well, I took a few pics, and hope to take more over the ensuing days ^_^
Here's a pic of the boys (or is it one girl & 2 boys?....) with a pretty lady that Jaye (Heavenscape) sent me.
Here's what they said "If we didn't know better, we'd think we were in Japan - lovely place, not so cold!"

♫♪~§usan~♪♫

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Bear climbed up into the pretty Christmas tree
"ouch - those piney needles are sharp"

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Not to be outdone, Moose decides to climb Higher
They look adorable as decorations!
I'll bet when gnomes wanted to hide, that's what they did, long ago - hid in Christmas trees.........

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

While Bear & Moose play in the tree, Dave plays the piano - ♫Happy Days are Here Again♪♫

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Bear finds another bear - a little cousin, perhaps?

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

No wonder this bear doesn't talk - he's busy holding a stocking for Santa! It's a solemn business helping Santa ^_^

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

"niters all - going to go watch a movie Susan calls 'the Christmas Shoes'. She recommends it, so we're going to see. More pics tomorrow from where Susan works! She says it's all decorated up!"

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Susan - I think one girl and two boys is right. I contributed Jerome, Jr. who spent the past summer in my garden, He's just like Jerome of the original gnomes except smaller. Mona contributed the mounties and named them but I'm afraid I don't remember their names. So glad to see that they are having a good time with you.

I get by calling them the travelling trio (of trouble) LoL

Lovely pics Susan ..

Enjoy your day with them at work

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

o geeze yeah.......... Jerome is the gnome (rhymes, so I should remember LOL), Dave is the moose(?), and the lady bear..............Mona - help me out here LOL

♫♪~§usan~♪♫

Akkk .. someone named her 'posts ago' .. typically I can't remember !!!!

Am sure she doesn't mind though ^_^

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

"o boy, o boy, o girl.......... - it's off to Susan's office! (actually just a private corner, but we didn't want to hurt her feelings!!
Here we are, looking at the decorations - her MIL made the lit tree - out of safety pins and crystal beads! And a tiny string of lights is inside........ so pretty!"

~the Travelling Trio~

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

How about calling her Bertha the bear?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

"Here's a pretty scene on her thingie she calls a computer..... dunno why....... I asked Susan what a computer does (can you play with it, eat it....... she says not), but she didn't know what we would do with it...."

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

"Jerome's looking for his Christmas card. Sure are a lot of 'em! No room for the others...."

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

"Dave's being so helpful holding down the pile of paperwork she Wishes she could get done today..... is Dave her new paperweight?"

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Look at this! The quiet of an office must be having a good effect of the trio - they're peacefully watching me work! Maybe it was the threat of our Security guard coming for them that quietened them down?!?!?!

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

"Oh, and here's the Security Guard....... doesn't look scary, does she? Her name's Javaria, and she's coming for Turkey dinner on Saturday ^_^
All 5 of us had lunch together, which is where we got formally introduced!"

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

"We took a peek in the boardroom, and saw another pretty tree - has something called fibre optics on the branches........ dunno what they are, either"

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

My!!! You wee Canadian fellas are so well behaved....compared to our American Cedric here.
You all need to cross the border and help Cedric shake off his 'habits' ;)

Merry Christmas Dave, Jerome and Bertha!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

awwwwwwww how sweet of you to visit, Jaye - and Cedric just may corrupt our wee travelling trio LOL
Maybe they behave cuz there's female among them, do ya think? lol

hmmmm warming up here. Still need gloves for being out for awhile, but I can pop in and off the deck without gloves.

well, cleaning up for our big dinner on the 26th - should get back at it!!
Ciao!!!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

The original group didn't have a female and while they were mischievous, they never got into real trouble.

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

hahahah well things are different now

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well we arrived at another house and got out of our travel box and WOWSEERS - there be monsters here!

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Maybe if we get up here the monsters wont get us.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Oops that didnt work.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Maybe if we swing with the angels??????????/

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dave says no way Im staying on solid ground - got my own angel!

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well seems like those monsters need feeding so we thought we would help.; Pretty wierd looking grub! Brown rocks and green strings and some stinky looking stuff from that tin and then some kind of white stuff like there is outside only its not cold.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We thought we would climb these mountains and see what is at the top.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Oh my doG its another monster - and this one licks not just sniffs!
We better get out of here before we are somebody's supper!

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Maybe we will be safe in here cause there is a key on the door! Bet those monsters cant turn a key!

Thumbnail by fancyvan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.