Secret Trade-What Did You Get

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Just wanted to start the thread. I know there were boxes sent out on Monday so hopefully we'll have some folks able to post their surprises tonight.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

GOT MINE TODAY!!!!! A box full:) So Sweet Hosta, Platycodon grandiflora, Campanula Takesamia ( I love these), Gentle Shepherd daylily (my all time favorite), Franz Shurbert phlox, Oneothera missouriensis, Japanese Painted Fern and a Purple Palace heuchera. Can you believe all that??? From my good friend and gentle lady Calalily. Thank you so very much, all over my garden your name will be remembered next year.
I cannot mail until Monday, my grandson is coming from Ohio, but I hope I can make my trader as happy as I am.

Germantown, MD(Zone 7a)

Me too, me too! Mine came today. Terry (Go-Vols) had me. Thank you, thank you. I received Artemisia Oriental Limelight, Lamuim (sp?) Pink Pewter, Ornamental oregano Herrenhausen, Hardy Plumbago and sundrops. Oh and I also recieved two packs of seeds, Impatiens balsamina mix double blooms, Zinnia Elegans pink zinnia mixed doubles and singles. My garden will be more beautiful because of you Terry. Thanks again!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Ree, you're so welcome! I noticed on your list you were looking for low-growing plants and plants with scented blooms, so I tried to find some things that "fit the bill." I hope you enjoy them - I know I had a lot of fun picking out things to share with you!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Tig
I was hoping that package would make you happy. You're such a sweet person, I wanted you to have a good surprise. I peeked at your wanted list.
Cala

(Zone 5b)

Mine came today too (Wed)

Everything looks like it was just taken from the garden still fresh and crisp - and everything is labelled so nicely. Here's what I got:

Vinca vine
variegated vinca vine
Tetrina's Daughter
variegated lily of the valley
Sea Wiggles hosta

I hope the person I sent to likes what's in her package as much as I like mine.

Thank you again Secret Trader - and thank you too Jody!

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Everone is getting great boxes!!!
Cheryl who was you secret trader? Do tell.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

I am not able to mail mine until Monday but never fear it will be full of surprises and the DG member will not be dissapointed!!!!!! sue

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

sue
I havent mailed mine yet either-its been so cold and rainy here in Mich-I havent went outside at all-house is rally clean-looks like the maids back! ;] But I will be sending my trade out on Monday also, suppose to be warm again! So secret tradee remember "good things come to those who wait".
oh yeah I know what the mystrey plant is-Nicotiana langsdorffi.
Thanks again Sue for all the secret trades you sent me!!!!
dori ;]

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

my secret trade is heading west on saturday.
jen

(Zone 5b)

Sorry to make y'all wait so long I wanted to plant everything B4 dark. My Secret Trader is BigDave. And I'm glad you asked because it just gives me another chance to thank him!

Plymouth, PA(Zone 5b)

I can't get my secret trade out till tuesday, had surgery today and I cant drive for 5 days but I will get it out asap. I hope she likes what I picked to send her.
tamlamb

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

This post was on another thread :)

Morph
Zone: 6
Sep 28, 4:34 PM

I received my trade today & was absolutely thrilled! It was a wonderful selection of items and also, just in time for weekend planting :) I didn't even have a trade list available since I'm just beginning, but my trade buddy, Iris, hit it right on the nose for me. She included more than 10 different varieties of flowers, ground cover and ornamentals. She even detailed each item with its preferred environmental conditions!!!! Iris & Jody & Dave, thank you so much! This is such a wonderful group on people here at Dave's... I can't wait until my secret receiver opens their items. Happy planting everyone!

Bellingham, WA

I mailed mine today. :-( I didn't have time to ad the info on each plant that I had wanted to. I did write on the newspaper wrapped around each plant what kind of plant it is but I had wanted to send a sheet of information about growing conditions ect. I got the plants in the box a quick note scribbled asking my "tradie" to e-mail me for info on the plants when they arrive and then I rushed to the post office, luckily the postel "pick up " person was late today :-D I saw her on the road headed for the post office as I was on my way back from mailing my package. It's onley 1 1/2 miles from my house to our little local post office so it was a close call on that one. :-) If I had taken the time to print out the info I would have missed the post for today, wich would meen a trip to town tomorrow as our local shop is closed on weekends. :-) My "tradie" had no want or wish list so I hope they like what I sent. Take care, Penny

This message was edited Friday, Sep 28th 9:09 PM

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

My plan is to mail mine tomorrow but I sprained my right hand Sunday so I haven't dug anything up yet. I hope I will be successful tomorrow - if not, I will post my progress. I hope I will make the wait worthwhile. Brenda

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Morph, Your very welcome!! I am so glad that you were happy with the plants! If there's any info on them that I forgot to include or that you need to know, Just e-mail me and I will be happy to help you out if I can ~
"Happy Gardening To You ! "
..........................Iris

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

Mine came today! I was overwhemed by the generosity of my secret trader, truly a "garden in a box"! A BIG "thank-you" to Vanessa/fivekulps for a dozen perennials, two assortments of bulbs, and five packages of seeds. Among the items straight off my wish list were spiderworts, lambs-ears, purple coneflowers, red daylily, an unusual ajuga... also included were asiatic lilies...cypress vine, morning glory, columbine, 4:00 and hosta seeds! Thanks again! John

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Jody, you really put me to the task on this secret trade. What do you send someone who already has everything? That's not too big a hint, is it? You should have seen me this morning - wrist in a brace, thin plastic glove and then a yellow playtex glove - sprained wrist Sun. Got them dug and mailed - here's hoping I sent at least one thing new!!! Brenda

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Giggle, giggle, oh Brenda I am sure your person will love everything you sent!!! Hope your wrist isn't too sore from that task, I'm sure the person would have understood if you would have waited a bit.

Morph and John, what a great boxes you got!!!

Anybody else get a box???

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

My package just arrived;;;;;;Guess what I got..2 passiflora incarnata and a passiflora foetida a calla lily bulb and get this a yellow plumeria and 2 bougainvillea (fuschia). Gosh I love it. Thanks so very much Tim for my wonderful suprise package. PS You will get your sweet autum clematis very soon.

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

This was on another thread:

tootsie
Sep 29, 3:09 PM

a big thank you to lou :), for the box of wonderful plants and seeds and kitty you sent me!!!!!! 2 indoor vines, purple and pink frost, already have them in containers!, a pink phlox plant, a red bee balm plant, a rose champion plant, and a red honeysuckle plant( i have already planted and watered), and the package of sweet peas, i can hardly wait until spring to plant! and the pretties painted black kittie i have ever seen! lou, i have put kitty(female, named princess), on my window ledge to keep watch over the flower garden :) everything was in perfect condition, very thoughtful and generous of you. thank you again, patricia :)

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

2 more great boxes...this is so much fun!

Mcalester, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi recieved my box. thanks filled with wonderful plants. thanks secert trader....... ALissa

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Oh good another box...what did ya get macc and who sent it? Oh do tell...inquiring minds want to know, :)

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

still no sign of my box yet, I am suppose to mail mine out after she gets back from vacation. so I will mail mine out late next week.

Bellingham, WA

On the subject of vacations, my plans have changed. I will not be leaving untill Oct 9th and will still be returning on Oct 16th. So if whoever got me as a secret trader wants to they could send my Mon or Tues and I would get it before I leave OR they can still wate untill I get back if that's more conveniet. Thank you :-D Penny

Homer, NY

WOW I recieved my package what a great clump of dahlia bulbs, some shasta daisy seeds and HOW WONDERFUL purple liatris seeds my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 thankyou so much midwest snowbird I will get mine out and in the mail on monday.

Mcalester, OK(Zone 7a)

I recieved these plants from brommom. she sent me some very nice plants. A coffee tree, hindu rope hoya, gynuru,lar.roheo,walking mules ear bryophyllum, gaint iris bulb, and a daylilly bulb. Thanks Brommom for the wonderful plants. .... Alissa

This message was edited Sunday, Sep 30th 11:41 AM

Miami, FL

Hi All! I received my box. Soooo many plants.
Amaryllis (Red)
Daylilly (Yellow)
I just LOOOOOVE Bulbs.
English Ivy
Salvia (Coral Nymph) can't wait to see it bloom
Ruellia Katie (What color is this?)
Blue Daze
Varigated Liriope
On And On This is my first trade what fun! My plants are being shipped Monday.
Thank you so much Jody and My secret trader!

Plymouth, PA(Zone 5b)

WEll I got my box ready to ship tomorrow. Hope my secret trade likes what i picked out for it. They didnt have a trade list so I took some of what I had and packed it up.
tamlamb

Germantown, MD(Zone 7a)

My box is ready to go. It will go out first thing Monday morning to the beautiful state of Washington. My secret pal had a trade list but I didn't have anything on it. :-( It was mostly herbs. So very sorry. I do hope you like what I picked out. It was so much fun. Ree

Zonezen so glad you like the plants the katie blooms purple.
I had alot of fun packing that box.

Plymouth, PA(Zone 5b)

I sent my Secret trade this morning. However I thought I would let you all know what happened when I went to the post office. I went there with the box packed and taped closed and asked for postage. The lady behind the counter asked what I was shipping. I told her plants. She said ok so it is not perishable? I said no. She said ok cause all Priority mail is backed up and it could back up to 2 weeks for delivery due to the airports being closed. Just thought I'd let you all know. Hope it doesnt take 2 weeks to get from PA to IL.

tamlamb

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

oh no!!! I just talked to my sister who is a clerk in a fair size PO and they have not heard anything like this. I am going to go ahead and mail and pray for the best.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I would believe that would be true of Pa. because of the airport situation.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

oh, of course!! Wasn't thinking that maybe she meant just the ones directly affected.

Germantown, MD(Zone 7a)

Well, I am in Maryland (D.C.) area and I have shipped boxes and they got there in 3 days. I just mailed 3 boxes this morning and the clerk said nothing to me. Mine will go out of Dulles or BWI Airport. Regan Int'l I think is still closed. Boy I hope they don't take 2 weeks.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I mailed 6 boxes last Monday, and as far as I know they've all arrived safe and sound. The longest one took five full days, arriving on Saturday.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Not just the location, but the amount of planes they having going in and out of there. Then it's an availibilty issue.

Miami, FL

I mailed my secret trade this morning! The post office said tomorrow or wednesday delivery. I hope my recipient enjoys the trade!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.