My Coleus combos for 2010

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have about 12 tubs that are in an area that will support full sun plants.
These are my combos for 2010
Tubs are approx 18 - 21 inches.
This tub is
Electric lime, ?Queen caladium
tip top Mahogany nastuers,Watermelon coleus,trailing psycoleus.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub 2

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub 3

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub4 Jungle Love,Swiss Sunshine,Nastuers

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub 5 Electric Lime,inky toes,felix, florida sun rose,zinnias

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub 6

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub 7

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub 8 Hedwig,trailing psycoleus,Velvet lancelot mocha,mixed zinnias Magellin mix

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub 9 Lemon Sunsation,Kingwood Karnival,Velvet lanc.mocha,swiss sunshine ,tiptop apricot nastuers

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub 10 Linda lily

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub 10 linda lily,coleus Fiesta,

Thumbnail by ge1836
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Gorgeous combos!! I don't have very good success with the coleus since out nights are too cold. I do try them every year though.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I dont know how long my lov afair with coleus will last but it would sure be frustrating to have a love of something that hates it here.

Danville, IN

You'll have to be sure and post photos next summer of the tub plantings. You certainly have put in a lot of careful thought to your groupings. They look spectacular!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I am retired and restless when confined.Anyone in the path of the ecent storm proably feels the same way.
In order to keep from being thrown into a rubber room,I do creative work,painting and making combinations for the summer planters and gardens.
If you havnt retired DONT its not what you expect.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

When did you retire? I retired in July 2005 and I was totally out of it a whole year. Now I am having a blast. I went from 100mph to zero. Not a good idea. I actually had to take on a couple of neighbors landscape with their landscapers to get me out of my rut. I do it for free but they buy the plants and everything I need. That gets my out of control spending satisfied with their money. Actually had a neighbor down the way that I really do not like. He asked how much would I charge for redoing his garden. I told him $5,000. I only help neighbors I like.

I had no idea nasturtium came in those colors. Where did you get the seed? Do you start the seed indoor? I could not pick a favorite. What about the zinnias. Do you start them inside? I know what I am going to start in the greenhouse in the spring.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm not sure about seed starting in your zone.
My seeds come from Swallow Tail,Burpee,Territorial seed.
I only use plants that arent fussy and sow the seeds where I want them.
The seed packs and the websites will have germination directions.
I also do garden work for free.
I have several GF's who are friends and a sister.Last year I made 14 inch containers for combined "thank yous" and birthday gifts( 2 have spring b-days) They were beyond thrilled and I sais "bring the containers back and I will refill next year" They were all over themselves with thank yous.I said This keeps me from going nuts,so you are doing me the favor.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Wow ge, you're sure ahead of the game having all your planters figured out already. They're going to be beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures of them as they're growing.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Me too!
Most of the coleus are growing in my livingroom now.
We shall see come May ,how many I actually get to plant.
To hedge my bets I have a small wish list at RD.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Unfortunately I have a large wish list at RD - really need to narrow it down!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

We must be strong.
The co-op will make me a crazy woman.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Thanks ge1836. I did find some on Burpee last night. I have not tried thr othrr two sites but I will right now. Great iea about the pots. The pot I am attaching photo of I found at Loews. I purchased this on at $129.99. Actually owner paid for it. It is 42" across and I have it tilted in a raised bed. The pot has been on sale from $79.99 to $149.00. They are made out of fiberglass, so not heavy. I paint them whatever color I want with spray paint. I have also used it in several neighbors back landscape for a mini herb garden. The pot is about 2 1/2' deep. I have also used it where nothing will grow because of tree roots.

Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

nice collection

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.